Vols 1-0 post game thoughts

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by justingroves, Aug 31, 2014.

1. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I refuse to [itch bay] after a night of no turn overs and 10 different guys getting catches

2. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Just got back to the apt...the #1 thing that struck me was just how obviously faster and more athletic the defense is. night and day.

my favorite play of the night was early in the first quarter keeton keeping on the RO and Derek Barnett stayed right with it and stuck him. after a couple of years of guys getting completely bamboozled by that play, seeing a true freshman make that play was outstanding.

Also, you heard so many names of guys from the freshman class making plays. We aren't there yet but it's headed in the right direction.

3. justingroves

justingroves supermod

These freshmen have been playing against these type of offenses since little league now.

4. kidbourbon

kidbourbon Well-Known Member

5. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I'm waiting for the fake screen then throw it up to North

6. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

yeah. just haven't seen a guy do that here.

7. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

10 different guys getting catches isn't sustainable. I'd rather more emphasis been put on establishing Malone.

8. kidbourbon

Pearson is real.

Sutton is still real.

9 wins, baby!

9. JAllen18MVP

JAllen18MVP Member

Yea, if it's going to be a deep ball, it needs to be to North. Dude will come down with it no matter what.

10. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

I can't see 9 wins until we develop a better plan for short yardage than throwing it 15 yards to pick up 3.

11. kidbourbon

Also, A.J. = #beastmode

12. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Let's run behind the walk on left tackle

13. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Malone needs to quit pouting in practice

14. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Don't tell BPV that.

15. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Pistol is fine if we run it properly.

16. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

Oh Jesus...

17. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

He looked excellent. Weatherd's impact was huge. Was great to see a guy who can play LB and DE be used at LB and DE.

18. yont sum iss?

yont sum iss? Contributor

Defense looks significantly improved. Significantly. Not so high on the offense, but loved seeing the tight ends involved, especially Wolf. O line is going to have problems. Worley is Worley. Hopefully he can protect the ball consistently.

19. Knox9552

Knox9552 Member

Ethan Wolf and eventually Daniel Helm are going to be a problem for defenses. We gave them some early touches but I think overall we didn't give them a full load of work to make sure they could handle the environment. Aside from Wolf's semi fumble but not really he played very, very well. Helm will doing great things as well the longer he stays in the S&C program.

20. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

Missed a few open receivers, and held it too long on a few early plays. Other than that solid nite.