Vols 1-0 post game thoughts

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by justingroves, Aug 31, 2014.

1. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

Who is this voice of reason? Buzz kill.

2. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Get a funnel and upend it I say.

3. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

God bless you sir

4. hohenfelsvol

hohenfelsvol Beer run

Tried that. Didn't work.

5. g8terh8ter_eric

g8terh8ter_eric Contributor

The one thing I enjoyed about last night, shutting up all the talking heads saying this was going to be an upset. Utah State was outclassed all night long, especially on defense. If our defense plays like that most of the season, and we stay healthy, I would say that 7 wins before a bowl game is possible. The one thing that I hated about last night, is we couldn't run the ball, but that comes with the OL getting game snaps and getting up to speed.

All in all, I thought it was a solid effort on offense, and a great effort on defense. Really think we could have scored 60, if we clean things up.

6. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Team looked well-coached. Been a long time since I could say that with complete conviction.

7. **TDCVOL**

**TDCVOL** Contributor

+1.

8. NorrisAlan

[​IMG]

9. MaconVol

MaconVol Chieftain

No turnovers. Does that say more about our coaching or Utah State's talent level?

10. justingroves

justingroves supermod

It says a lot about the play calling.

11. Oldvol75

Oldvol75 Super Bigfoot Guru Mod

Was impressed by the over all effort given last night. The problems that I saw are all things that can be corrected. I payed close attention to the O-line. They had a few difficulties by USU's multiple fronts, but given the fact that they are all young and probably have never seen this many fronts in their collective lives they did a good job. I saw a group that could well be very good before all is said and done. I was well pleased with the defense. As others have said, they looked much quicker tonight and arrived with an attitude when they got there. On the field goal attempts. I'm going to chalk that first one up to (if I'm not mistaken) his first FG attempt. Second one looked good.

12. Oldvol75

It was also good to see the Beecher clan again and to meet LexVol.

13. justingroves

justingroves supermod

That first fg attempt was screwed up from the get go.

14. **TDCVOL**

**TDCVOL** Contributor

By the way, I guess it's a good thing Pig got his stuff straightened out in the off season.

15. hohenfelsvol

hohenfelsvol Beer run

Glad all your orange stuff is safe and sound, for now.

16. Oldvol75

At one point yesterday as we were walking to the stadium, my youngest said to my oldest,"There's Jason Witten" just to make my oldest look. Then while sitting at the Lettermens tent, Jason Witten was actually there and they couldn't even talk.

17. hohenfelsvol

hohenfelsvol Beer run

Did they finally break the silence or just sit there in awe?

18. Oldvol75

They did after he left. The youngest said, "It really was Jason Witten!"

19. NorrisAlan

And while there are many, many things I love about CBJ, this is right near the top. The former players are all over the complex and games. You cannot turn your head without seeing them or reading their tweets to the current players.

20. MWR

MWR Contributor

Can you imagine when the Heisman winner gives his acceptance speech and it goes along these lines.,,,,,

"I'd like thank my teammates, coaches, parents - etc, etc and of course etc. And also I'd like to thank the UT Vols for torpedoing Keeton's Heisman campaign. Yessir, they made this possible. Go Vols!"