When will Dooley offically be let go?

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by HypeVol, Oct 28, 2012.

1. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

This is about the fifth time that you've alluded to my "putting myself" out there, either here or on Twitter, sort of a back-handed insinuation of some calamity that will come upon me should the Gruden thing not be true. Hopefully, I have been clear in my near total disregard (I consider it only long enough to reject its value, in in its entirety), or at least sufficiently enough to prevent your foreboding hints of some long-term damage that my "e-cred" could take.

If it is true (it is), or not - I will wake up the next morning, and nothing in my life would have changed. Zero. And that's about how much stock I will put into it.

There are about 200+ "insiders" - on every site - who actually take their "e-reputation" seriously, and who seemingly attach their own personal self-worth to fostering (relishing?) the attention and adoration that it brings them. The problem is that 99.987% of them are posers, and don't know shit.

So, I've went out and posted all of this before anyone else, and now, you've got these people scrambling to make me now back off of it, or second-guess what I know to be absolutely true. Why? Because if this is true, there are going to be about 195 people who will never be able to come onto any message board and claim "insider" status, again, having missed something as big as Gruden coming to Tennessee. This is a microcosm of how the local media is also handling it, because this would forever dispel their much-beloved myth that they are the single source of breaking information, and the only reputable source to trust. And if this is true, then that can no longer be alleged, can it?

So, between the "insiders" and local media, there are no shortage of people who want this to be false, so that they can continue to be "right" - even if such cost us Gruden.

I don't care if they, or you, believe it. I could give two shits. I will offer this advice, that you and anyone else is welcome to take or leave: just watch.

So, if you are waiting to hear me start to hedge my bets, or to begin to speak in some cryptic and self-protective tones, you're going to be waiting a long damned time, because everything I have posted is absolutely true.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 29, 2012
    reVOLt likes this.
  2. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

But you can understand why we are so anxious when people, some from this site, say that today is D-day for Dooley and then nothing happens.

3. hohenfelsvol

hohenfelsvol Beer run

4. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Last edited: Oct 29, 2012
  5. LawVol13

LawVol13 Chieftain

Good stuff, Tenny. I don't think you're lying or making any of this up. Never have. I'll admit I question whether a deal is in place, but not that you're making up the info you're providing.

6. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

My problem is the timeline I've heard has always been dismissal after the South Carolina game. I have to wonder what we're waiting for. I wished we did it last week. I want it done now. If we wait abother couple days, we may be forced to wait another month.

7. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

You got to think it would have leaked by now if they were going to do it. I don't understand why they would wait.

8. hohenfelsvol

hohenfelsvol Beer run

I want it to happen now too but understand there is a timeline. I'm anxious but being patient.

9. gcbvol

gcbvol Fabulous Moderator

Tenny, you are the good kind of special. Thanks.

10. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

11. Da'Rick James

Da'Rick James Member

12. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

13. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

If anyone knows e-humiliation, its him. Seems as though he not so secretly hopes that we (you in particular) suffer a similar fate. Misery loves company.

14. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

Tenny is Gruden's mother-in-law, imo, jmho.

15. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

I have heard people say that they believe it will happen today. It makes sense to me. Why delay the inevitable.

Still, I have not heard anything in the last 24 hours that leads me to believe that Dooley will be Coaching UT next season and Gruden will not. In fact, it seems like more local media, player, etc. are warming to the idea and leaking things. We had Ja’Wuan, last night, Clay last night, Tony B today. It seems to be gaining momentum, not losing it.

16. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

And if we wait another month to learn that Dooley is fired and Gruden is hired; so what?

17. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Another month of Dooley potentially f'ing up a chance to go to a bowl?

18. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

If Gruden is coming regardless, it doesn't matter. If we're being hopeful and end up missing out on Gruden, we may be too late for some other candidates.

19. alumvol08

alumvol08 Active Member

Good stuff Tenny. Have you heard anything about when Dooley is getting the ax? I'm assuming it's going to be the end of the regular season barring a loss to one of our remaining opponents, but that's just my opinion.

20. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

Personally, I wished Dooley would have been fired by now. But I have no idea, and have never claimed to know, as to when the announcement will be made.

I'm sure that several of those here, do know....if they wish to share.