When will Dooley offically be let go?

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by HypeVol, Oct 28, 2012.

1. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

I'm to the point that I wish Dooley was gone two weeks ago. Him being associated with the program brings nothing positive.

Last edited: Oct 29, 2012
  2. alumvol08

alumvol08 Active Member

Thanks for the honesty.

3. robvols

robvols Member

[video=youtube;VQFxmAdyKcg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VQFxmAdyKcg[[/video]

4. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

My opinion has been similar, but different in that I have said that you would not risk your credibility as the owner of this site, rather than your own personal credibility, on something like this if you were not extremely confident in what you have been told. You may not care about your own e-cred, but when the administrator of a website like this one comes out and makes extremely bold claims like you have, it puts the credibility of the entire site in jeopardy. If you end up being wrong, this site will take a hit, and I don't think (or at least I hope not) you would put this site at risk if you weren't extremely confident. That said, I still have faith. I'm just pissed because I wanted him gone today.

Also, I'm curious what VolDad edited on your post. lol

5. alumvol08

alumvol08 Active Member

Interesting since you said you were done with rumors.

6. alumvol08

alumvol08 Active Member

Interesting since you said you were done with rumors.

7. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

I disagree. This site gains from all of this regardless of the outcome. Call it the Lane Kiffin --make a splash, even if it is the wrong kind of splash-- strategy if you will. But due to the higher quality of posters --yeah, I said it-- that are here, mere exposure to this site by several hundred new people over the last two weeks will increase the traffic here.

Not saying that was TD's strategy--he seems to bleed orange, but it will be the net effect.

8. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

As in I'm done with all the new people on here that seem to magically have "inside info" and bring new rumors every day. Tenny put his information out there quite some time ago, and that is the information I'm choosing to believe until I hear otherwise.

9. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

But the posters are higher quality because of their knowledge and credibility. If the site administrator is flat out wrong on something this huge, I feel like this site will never be trusted as credible again.

10. LawVol13

LawVol13 Chieftain

In an effort to regain credibility, he could always simply banish you from posting. I think that would score several points.

SetVol13 likes this.
  11. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

Indy is the first Bison.
    [​IMG]

12. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

I may be mistaken but I have seen people being asking questions similiar to - When do you think he will be let go? and folks like Justin responding October 29th.

I have seen nobody proclaiming Dooley will be fired today.

I have been watching hiring and firings for many years. Rarely do I see mid-season announcements.

13. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

ouch

14. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

Who cares. The Gruden hire may be the worst thing to happen to this board.

15. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

The credibility of this site is his problem, not yours. And besides, some of us are grown men arguing about 18-year old college football players. We lost our reasonable faculties years ago. The reason message boards exist is because they are able to "go there" without the risks taken on by traditional media outlets. That's not a slight to either, but the truth. I, for one, would rather read rumors here and there and decide for myself what to believe, than to pick up the newspaper and act as if UT football is just business as usual.

16. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

I disagree. Tenny himself is always saying this isn't his site. It's our site. I want the site to grow and get better, and I'm sure you do too.

I think people come to message boards for 2 reasons. 1. Discussion and 2. Inside information. Up until this point, this site has been almost completely based on the discussion aspect. We took a step into the "inside info" aspect and our numbers have shot up like crazy, which is good. I just hope the information is legit because if it isn't, I feel like people will be very skeptical about coming to the 8th for inside info in the future.

17. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

The belief that this site, as a whole, could take a hit based upon the erroneous prognostication that I personally made, only proves that some would have failed to either understand this site, its objectives, or its members.

I post what I want.
    And will own what I post.

18. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

On to something...

19. NEW COACH

NEW COACH Contributor

No matter what happens, this place will still be exponentially better than VN.

20. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

I laughed...........because it is so true.

If I put half the effort of caring about other stuff as I have UT football in my life, I could probably be well on my way to ruling the world by this point. I literally woke up three times last night thinking about if Dooley would be canned today or not.