POLITICS Kavanaugh Hearings

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by VolDad, Sep 4, 2018.

1. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

Then I suppose that you are happy that the investigation when further than what you even knew.

2. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

A year old, but I guess that’s just 52 weeks.

3. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

Is it true, IP? Is what I posted true, or not?

Isn’t that the question to be asked?

And you’re not reading my posts, I guess, because I’m arguing the exact opposite, instead.

Here is that bit, again, from my post:
    I’ve bolded the most relevant bits.

4. Tenacious D

Is it true, TT?

Can you, or anyone else, name a single instance where the GOP has tried to so brazenly and grandly pull shit like this?

5. TennTradition

The most recent thing that comes to mind is Franken. While not innocent of any wrongdoing his accuser brazenly lied about the context and circumstances. and it was fully d with conservative pundits.

But while liberals eat up this sort of attack, conservatives have their own Achilles.

For example, paint an image that a Democrat hates the military or is unpatriotic - go for it. Benghazi comes to mind.

6. TennTradition

Is it also true that the committee didn’t just wrap up its investigation and in fact it took a few weeks and she publicly made the admission?

7. IP

IP Super Moderator

my mistake, I really have never heard of this person. it looks like the unholy cross of a cherry pick and a strawman.

8. IP

IP Super Moderator

Jacob Wohl does it professionally.

also, remember all the planned parenthood investigations that turned up [uck fay]-all? how about bengazi? how about Clinton's emails? nothing, nothing, nothing

9. IP

IP Super Moderator

oh shit, birtherism, forgot that one. secret Muslim, too. so, so, so many. the entire conservative agenda has revolved around them for a a decade.

10. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

James O'Keefe, too.

11. IP

IP Super Moderator

operation jade helm and the prison camps. Clinton's are serial killers.

I think you get the idea.

12. Tenacious D

First, Al Franken did those things. It was proven to have occurred, there were pictures of it and he admitted to doing it - there’s no correlation there. And, again, I don’t think he deserved to be ran out of the Senate for it, and should not have resigned.

Benghazi was an absolute shit show, was easily preventable, and which not only involved multiple and repeated failures at the highest levels, but the Dem-lead White House and State Dept. flat-our lied about why it occurred, and again, to protect both President Obama’s re-election chances and Hillary’s future prospects. This is all from sworn testimony.

I’m not playing gotcha, here, but am seriously wondering if the GOP has ever done these shenanigans.

13. Tenacious D

Absolutely, yes.

How is that relevant, at all? Do you think that the Dems are suddenly incapable of this now, a year removed?

It’s like you don’t like my question, and don’t want to answer it, and so you attack my grammar and spelling in asking it.

14. IP

IP Super Moderator

lol, very seriously. super serious type wondering. Sweat is building.

15. Tenacious D

It’s a prime, contemporaneous example of the Democrats doing anything to have their way.

It’s not at all cherry-picking, it was for a Supreme Court nominee and the balance of SCOTUS. And it was one (1) year ago.

Surely you know that a strawman requires caricature and exaggeration, right IP? Point to one word of either in my post or any followup.

What to exaggerate what the Dems did not only isn’t necessary, but it’s actually stronger to just tell it as it occurred. It’s that immediately obvious and despicable, just as it is.

16. IP

IP Super Moderator

the straw man is pretending like this woman is the same one who testified before Congress or the ones who were never interviewed after claiming Kavanaugh exposed himself to them. the strawman is acting like this woman was anywhere near the main conversation around this man. that you have breathed life into it like this were a fresh development is also part of the straw man. I'm sure the Indys of the world eat it up though.

17. Tenacious D

The Veritas Planned Parenthood thing? Nothing came of that? Which GOP member of Congress told them to do that, much less to block a nominee for anything?

Benghazi turned up nothing, IP? Is that what you’re saying, here? Take a breath and think it through, before answering.

Clinton had a private server, knowing that it wasn’t authorized and that she was transmitting classified information across it, and which we now know was compromised by at least one foreign government, and likely more. The same which she and her staff destroyed phones and bleached her server so as to hide and protect themselves?

And the Dem-controlled FBI & AG chose not to prosecute her? When we had just thrown a US Navy sailor into Leavenworth for sharing a pic that he snapped in a submarine’s galley?

That’s “nothing” to you?

And you’re acting like the GOP made this shit up wholecloth, like the Dems did with Kavanaugh. The Dems did all of this shit to themselves.

18. TennTradition

I agree he did things. He did not do all things she said he did. Such as write a part just for her so he could kiss her (that part has existed for years). Also they had met and practiced a part several times that she later said he surprised her with on stage (the kiss).

I don’t write this to try to say he didn’t do anything but rather to say she flat out lied about key aspects and coordinated the messaging and drop with conservative media.

19. Tenacious D

Where did I say this, IP? Where did I say that this was the same woman? I didn’t at all. I even linked to the source article, where anyone could read it for themselves.

You’re just making shit up, to avoid an uncomfortable truth.

The woman you did have testify has since admitted that she was up to shenanigans, too. Do you think that helps your argument, or the Dems - that two women embellished shit, at best?

And you’ve still conveniently ignored the single most important question - is it true, or not?

20. TennTradition

I think it’s relevant to point out the charade didn’t get pushed for a year. She recanted within weeks.