POLITICS Kavanaugh Hearings

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by VolDad, Sep 4, 2018.

1. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

My objection is that we have the 1st amendment. People have the right to speak their minds, even if I find it dumb and stupid.

the feds shouldn’t have found a way to throw a loser in jail over a dumbass YouTube production that had nothing to do with it.

2. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

You’re being foolish, arguing semantics, because the facts aren’t in your favor.

This is, of course, typical liberal bullshit obfuscation.

The embassy was attacked with explosives twice before, in the months leading up to the attacks. Additionally, the following also occurred:

The attacks in Benghazi did not occur in a vacuum. They took place
    amidst a severely deteriorating security situation in eastern Libya—a
    permissive environment where extremist organizations were infiltrating
    the region, setting up camps, and carrying out attacks against Western
    targets. In June 2012, State Department security officials were discuss-
    ing “an active terrorist cell in Benghazi” that was “planning and imple- menting attack operations against western interests including the U.S. Mission in Benghazi[.]”6 That same month another security official in Libya reported to Washington about the “increase in extremist activity” and described his “fear that we have passed a threshold where we will see more targeting, attacks, and incidents involving western targets.”7 The official cited a series of recent attacks and noted that a source had
    warned of a “group attack” on an American facility. He specifically
    mentioned “[t]argeting [and] attacks by extremist groups particularly in
    In the months leading up to September 11, 2012, several major security incidents had taken place in Benghazi against Western targets, including:
    • April 2, 2012: Attack on a United Kingdom [UK] ar- mored vehicle;
    • April 6, 2012: Improvised Explosive Device [IED] at- tack on the State Department facility in Benghazi;
    • April 10, 2012: IED attack on the motorcade of the United Nations Envoy;
    • April 27, 2012: IED attack on a courthouse in Benghazi;
    • May 22, 2012: Rocket Propelled Grenade [RPG] attack on the International Committee for the Red Cross [ICRC] facility in Benghazi;
    • June 6, 2012: IED attack on the State Department facili- ty in Benghazi;
    • June 11, 2012: RPG attack on the UK Ambassador’s motorcade;
    • June 12, 2012: RPG attack on the ICRC;
    • July 29, 2012: IED found at Tibesti Hotel; and
    • August 5, 2012: Attack on the ICRC facility”

Link: https://archives-benghazi-republica...ouse.gov/files/documents/Part II_Redacted.pdf

3. Tenacious D

Oh, really?

How about this:
    upload_2019-11-6_19-59-31.jpeg

4. Tenacious D

We can talk about the many failures in Benghazi all night. I’m happy to beat you to death on any issue where you’ve made some ignorantly half-assed statement and then are too proud to recant.

But the original reality remains:

Benghazi happened. It was real. People died. The Democrats were responsible to prevent it and failed. And then they lies about it. The problem isn’t that the GOP hammered them for it, but that they allowed it to happen, at all.

Conversely, the accusations versus Kavanaugh were completely false, baseless and purely politically motivated. And the Democrats did everything that they could do to champion and advance those shenanigans - so as to unfairly prevent the confirmation of a Supreme Court justice that they did not like.

No act, no matter how harmful or despicable, is beyond the Democrats willingness to commit - including dead Americans and victims of sexual violence - to gain and maintain power.

Because most people don’t want the stupid shit that they want, and simply saying “I said so”, “I’m really smart” and “You’re really dumb / racist / sexist / etc.” has proven to be remarkably unpersuasive.

It’s because you can’t convince people on the facts, and the merits of your ideas, that you have to accumulate and maintain as much power as possible, so as to force their compliance.

And that’s why the Democrats have to do despicably underhanded shit like this, and you still can’t name a single instance where the GOP have similarly done the same.

That’s the truth.

You know it.

I know it.

Everybody knows it.

5. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Freaking Marcellus knows it

6. IP

IP Super Moderator

What was the charge? You must be leaving something out. He didn't just get thrown in jail in the USA, did he? There was a trial, conviction, etc.

7. IP

IP Super Moderator

It isn't pride, you're just swinging and missing. I'll die of old age first. You can't imagine how empty all this reads from Trump's number one fan. Just a rooster crowing at noon. Yes, claim the moral high ground. Everything you claim of the democrats actually fits the current GOP to a "t." Hell, you have to outright lie by saying I can't name an instance where the GOP have "similarly done the same." 1. You've yet to demonstrate what it is the "Democrats" are being accused of, other than not being the GOP, 2. you are asking me to make a comparison where my position is that there is none, and 3. Trump accused Obama of doing the very thing regarding a foreign power meddling in an election (yet to provide any evidence of this) that he now claims is not a crime when he does it (lots of evidence that has nothing to do with the whistleblower themselves now). You can't square it. Well, not logically. I guess you can chant MAGA! and ask Russia, if they are listening, to help.

8. IP

IP Super Moderator

When shall she be locked up for this... what is this again? sentences pulled out of emails we can't even see?

9. IP

IP Super Moderator

You're telling me Libya and the ME is dangerous? Big time news, if true. Glad the GOP got to the bottom of it and put a stop to Clinton's extremism.

10. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

11. IP

IP Super Moderator

neither is the second shooter from the grassy knoll

12. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Ol Charlie tweets that literally every day

13. Tenacious D

More eloquently and succinctly, and only 10 days apart.

14. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Oh please, THAT mother [uck fay]er? The dude chosen specifically to be a lackey for Trump? Puh-lleeeeeeaaasseeee..