POLITICS Democratic Nominee 2020 Lollapalooza

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by Unimane, Feb 6, 2019.

?

Who will win the Democratic nomination for president in 2020?

1. Biden, J

42.1%
  2. Booker, C

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Buttigieg, P

15.8%
  4. Castro, J

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Clinton, H

15.8%
  6. Harris, K

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Klobuchar, A

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Sanders, B

10.5%
  9. Warren, E

15.8%
  10. Yang, A

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

I don't think he has the power and such, I just think he's the east coast establishment Plan B, and he can spend his way into contention. Just is going to take a really good Super Tuesday.

gcbvol likes this.
  2. GahLee

GahLee Director of Conspiracy Theories, 8th Maxim

Money.

hohenfelsvol and gcbvol like this.
  3. cpninja

cpninja Member

Bloomberg has already spent his way into 4th/5th place. I dont think the "establishment" particularly want him but I also don't think they'll protest much if he steals the nom from Sanders or Buttigieg.

gcbvol likes this.
  4. gcbvol

gcbvol Fabulous Moderator

No idea as to the percentages, but I'd wager a good bit of the electorate are casual voters. These folks are more easily influenced by media inundation and polls. Bloomberg has name recognition and the resources to flood every market in ways other candidates can't. Bernie is best positioned financially to compete on the digital front. I know Steyer is in the mix, too, but don't believe he can beat Bloomberg in the billionaire contest.

5. gcbvol

Carville makes several good point here.
    “We’re losing our damn minds”: James Carville unloads on the Democratic Party

Accurate:

Last edited: Feb 7, 2020
    NorrisAlan and ptclaus98 like this.
  6. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

Bannon

7. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Bloomberg got 0% of the vote in Iowa and this is after he spent millions on Super Bowl ads. A billionaire kinda liberal doesn't really sell as well to Democrats. He might have a couple of states where he does ok, but there hasn't been a moment when he's given an indication where he's a factor.

8. CardinalVol

9. CardinalVol

Was he on ballot there? I didn't even think he was on one until Super Tuesday.

10. IP

IP Super Moderator

you are correct

11. IP

IP Super Moderator

my wife thinks Buttigieg may be the guy. He has more diverse generational appeal than anyone else, she says.

12. GahLee

GahLee Director of Conspiracy Theories, 8th Maxim

Corporate baby-killer, tried and true.

13. IP

IP Super Moderator

That escalated quickly. He must be good, if you are talking that way about him!

14. TennTradition

I don’t see how he’s viable. Is he still polling at 1% among AAs? He’ll get obliterated on Super Tuesday.

With that said, I like him more than the others.

15. CardinalVol

Appears he is hated by the AA community. If he's the nominee I can see very low AA turnout in November.

16. gcbvol

Is he, though? Or do some want to learn more about him or prove he's viable? The "Black people hate him" is definitely the media-driven narrative and may be a self-fulfilling prophecy, though. Is anyone curious why Pete is the only candidate who is constantly questioned on this when the only candidates polling significantly higher are Biden (clear leader) and Sanders to a lesser extent? Even candidates like Amy and Yang with less or equal support never get questioned/never mentioned. The media is putting all the racial issues in the country on one candidate. It's...something.

IP likes this.
  17. gcbvol

Sorry, but this issue really bothers me. It's almost as if Pete was expected to solve America's race issues during his 2 terms in SB. Of course he didn't, but progress was made during his tenure. Even during the debate tonight the moderators used incorrect stats when asking a question on drug arrests and race.

18. TennTradition

The most recent poll I found has him at 2% along with Steyer (but ahead of Klouchbar). Yang at 3%. Warren at 9%. Bernie at 20%. Biden near 50%.

If those numbers are accurate and AA’s show up to vote, Biden walks through the south.

It’s a fair point about the other candidates - but no one really thinks Klouchbar or Yang have a shot. You would think Buttigieg might with Iowa occurring. But then you see these numbers....

19. TennTradition

Media definitely wants to make an issue of it.

Is it something about Pete - or is the media so trained that if they see a race issue they have to dig and hammer even if there’s nothing there?

20. gcbvol

Right. If it doesn't change it's big trouble. Still doesn't change it being a media-driven narrative.