POLITICS 2020 Election

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by CardinalVol, Nov 7, 2018.

1. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

2. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

So...”Democrat”.

The latest Biden letter makes it clear that the mainstream Party is at open war with Bernie & the Squad. Biden, meanwhile, has abandoned New Hampshire, and moved on to South Carolina....and which his campaign believes will be his “firewall”. Someone is about to learn a terrible lesson, although I don’t have any idea who it is. But they can’t all be right.

3. IP

IP Super Moderator

p= mv. Momentum is real, and if you aren't trying to get it you are giving it away.

4. Tenacious D

Oof. Them Dems.

Bernie! Bernie! Bernie!

Pete still hanging around.

Warren wants to unite the Party...just pulled tv ads from South Carolina.

Yang gone.

Biden and Warren might not hit 10% in NH. Have to have 15 to get a single delegate. Mercy.

Come on Hillary, save us!

warhammer likes this.
  5. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

Bernie will be the nominee. Klobuchar will be his running mate.

6. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

Klobuchar heading a ticket with a Buttigieg, while not appealing the leftist wing, would be a lot more attractive to this guy. Or flip that. Still more interesting. Unless your African American. Then that’s not interesting at all apparently.

7. Tenacious D

Bernie’s going to have to eat Pete.

He’d be best balanced with Warren.

8. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

It's a Bernie and Bloomberg race right now.

9. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

Can Bernie over win it so they can't push Bloomberg in is the question.

10. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

There's a long way to go. We've had two small, mostly white states with small urban areas vote thus far. I do think Biden is on life support, though.

11. gcbvol

gcbvol Fabulous Moderator

Bernie is definitely the favorite, but I told y'all way back not to sleep on Pete.

I wanted to get this in before Nevada and South Carolina. :)

Tenacious D, zehr27 and TennTradition like this.
  12. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

I've not been following that closely. Can Bloomberg find enough support prior to the convention to win it outright, or is a brokered convention his best bet at getting the nomination? I just don't see him having enough support among voters.

13. smokysbark

smokysbark Chieftain

Sorry if already talked about here but doesn't Mayor Pete have a bit of a conundrum when it comes to African American voters ... I mean they are a large part of the democratic voting base but also seem to be, in general, homophobic.

14. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

I think we are headed to a brokered convention.

Tenacious D likes this.
  15. IP

IP Super Moderator

4% of the states, probably 2% of electorate. Things can change

16. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

Bernie has to over win to have a chance. If its close, they'll push in someone else. Most likely Bloomberg.

17. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

Thats certainly a stereotype and I don’t know how much truth there is in it these days. Klobuchar polls horribly among AA as well. And Nermie is losing 2.5:1 to Biden amongst AA population (as of last polling I saw, which might not be holding up now).

18. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

I was watching the Hills coverage of it last night.

They acted like Pete has been focusing his ads on AA population but it isn’t moving the need at all and seems to be stuck at 4 percent

19. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

Also I type like shit on my phone between my sets while working out

20. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

True but it just feels like it's going to stay tight between Pete and Bernie. Throw in Biden possibly having a good super Tuesday and I can see it happening.