COVID-19 (artist formerly known as Wuhan strain novel Corona virus)

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by IP, Jan 28, 2020.

1. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

Today: 13.3k new cases
    247 new deaths

2. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

No need to panic. Zillions of other explanations. I’d have them cover their dang mouths, though.

kmf600 likes this.
  3. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

Neither one is snotty or coughing.

101.3 fever in one with headache

100.2 in the other one.

We're not panicking just horrible timing

4. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

Definitely get it.

5. 2Maggitt2Quit

2Maggitt2Quit Chieftain

Dude I had a slight headache tonight and had brief thoughts of where to get a test. It can be funny sometimes.

Hope the kids feel better.

6. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

I went up several flights of stairs and had a brief moment of panic when I was trying to decide if I was more out of breath than normal.

7. IP

IP Super Moderator

I meant that from an economic perspective perhaps a "V" recovery is not possible, even though it is almost assumed. I didn't attempt to draw any causal connection or deep relationship. Cool comic though.

8. GahLee

GahLee Director of Conspiracy Theories, 8th Maxim

Single greatest power grab in human history. Sleight of hand at its finest. The house of cards our infrastructure and economy is built upon is a mere multi-week mandated shutdown away from total chaos. And now we have a new line in the sand to toe. This isn't even considering the exact same effect abroad, domestic ramifications only.

Will we sit in fear of a virus as our rights are liquidated? What about the next pandemic, which is only bound by time, as it is surely coming. From within or outsourced, it is coming.

Americans who are truly suffering and will continue to pay the price, seem to be a secondary cause in the bills being proposed. [uck fay] both sides. They'll never have any of us over for dinner. As we aren't fit to sit at their tables.

This virus is nothing to fear, the government roll-up is.

Butthole likes this.
  9. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

What rights, exactly, are being liquidated? And, yes, this virus is something to fear, particularly as the sick and dead rates have begun to dramatically increase.

10. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

I could believe this. I've regarded China's numbers skeptically for a while. I didn't mention it before because I still haven't dug into all the details, but around a month ago, when work would send out a graphic depicting cases in China, there were two asterisks on two days a couple or so weeks apart. Between those days, the definition of what was reported as a confirmed case there was modified. The curve between those days was much steeper. Following that date, the curve started flattening significantly. The changes were China reporting lab confirmed cases only, to using professional judgement, and back to lab confirmed cases only. I don't personally know how that changes overall or compares to other nations' reporting of cases. That's what I haven't researched and why I've not mentioned it before. If I slip on my tin foil head covering, I'd say that it's easier to make your numbers look good if you just don't test.

11. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

My wife and I have discussed this a bit (at least before the tooth removal pain meds made her loopy). It's a few things. Those area have a higher population density. Those areas are also generally where you find airports with more international flights, and those with more disposable income logically are more likely to travel overseas. I'd put more money on the first two being bigger parts of the reason why, but that's where we landed talking about it.

12. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Sounds like you’re trying to say West Virginians aren’t well-traveled and I’m just not prepared to accept that.

13. IP

IP Super Moderator

what are some specifics that prompted you to say this? I haven't look at any details.

14. justingroves

justingroves supermod

It's a copy and paste from somewhere

SetVol13 likes this.
  15. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Truth is out there, all you have to do is a little research. He isn't going to do it for you, you have to come to your own conclusions.

16. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

justingroves likes this.
  17. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

18. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

Looking at it does seem like all states that have been opioid hit seem lower on the death rate.

Probably due to more social economics as population density than anything

justingroves likes this.
  19. IP

IP Super Moderator

from anecdotal stories, I think a lot of deaths go unreported as coronavirus. someone is going to be able to go back and look at death rates due to heart and lung issues, and see if there is a delta even when controlling for known positives.

20. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I do wonder how many pneumonia/respiratory infection deaths in February were actually Coronavirus.