The NBA Thread.

Discussion in 'Sports' started by GahLee, Oct 27, 2012.

1. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

It’s literally all in the thread, so I assume I’m not one of the “people” you reference.

Good talk.

2. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Sab did not finger my butthole. We grabbed lunch, drank a few beers, and then went our separate ways.

I substitute taught, among other odd jobs, after graduating college while I waited to hear back about the FBI job for which I applied and interviewed. Once I did not get that job, I began applying for other jobs and eventually took one in downtown Nashville. That was when I stopped substitute teaching. I've since taken a new job in Baltimore, which I've been doing for a couple years now. I've never been anything but forthright with you and others about my perfectly normal work history. And yet you continue to bring up some sort of bizarre, inappropriate falsehood about why I stopped substitute teaching after landing a full time, higher paying position in another city. It's weird. Like, really weird, that you keep coming back to this.

3. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Pretty sure this is the first time I've ever mentioned it.

Kind of funny you get so mad about it.

But you didn't get an FBI job, soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

4. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

RockyHillVol is PMing me right now trying to get me to promise there will not be a rematch.

5. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

You and NYY have each mentioned it multiple times. I don't get mad anymore because you both have since admitted that it was a complete fabrication. I just think it's really, really weird that you both came up with it in the first place and have continued pushing it, even after acknowledging that it was made up.

That you don't understand why a man would get mad at someone for essentially calling that man a pedophile, and then doubling down on it as fact, repeatedly, is equally weird to me. Do you live in the real world? If you say something like that about a man in his presence in your neck of the woods, he's likely punching you in the face.

I don't get the last part. Are you insulting me for not getting a job with the FBI? Should I feel insulted about that?

6. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

[uck fay] Auburn.

utvol0427 likes this.
  7. CardinalVol

Too bad the last word I would use to describe you would be "man".

I've got to say I've known a person or two who got an FBI job because they didn't get a CPA firm (or corporate job), so yes, I'm scratching my head over that one unless you failed a background check.

8. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Lol - I had to go back 9 pages. You're absolutely right. I should have known or gone blindly searching, rather than expect you to defend your point or point to a previous defense of said point.

9. CardinalVol

But, then again, you've doubled and tripled down that history would remember Howard more than Ewing, so I shouldn't be overly shocked.

10. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Cool.

You know, there are a lot of different jobs in the FBI. I'm sure some are harder to get than others. It's certainly possible that the job I went for is more difficult or requires a higher degree of intelligence to land than the job(s) of the person or two you claim to know who landed jobs with the FBI. And I could be wrong, but I believe the FBI background checks applicants before beginning the testing/interview process. Then they polygraph once they're ready to move forward with hiring you. I passed two tests but didn't make it past the interview process.

If it helps you feel any better, I currently have one of those "corporate jobs" you mentioned and am doing just fine for myself.

11. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

No. Fakes News. Enemy of the People.

12. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

How did “having a few beers” end up with Sab fingering your butthole?

How have I never heard this before?

13. CardinalVol

So what job was it and we'll compare? There were in the accounting/finance area. I am assuming yours was in the poetry division?

14. CardinalVol

You should probably read the last five words of that again. And that you have argued it the last 24 hours.

That's literally what you said.

15. CardinalVol

He met up with Sab when he was like 16 in Nashville. Sab bought his lunch and gave him beers.

16. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Sab did not finger my butthole. Fake News. Enemy of the People.

17. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

It was an intelligence analyst position. I applied as a new college graduate, prior to gaining any meaningful career experience after college.

18. CardinalVol

Yeah, so were the folks I knew that got jobs with them.

19. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

If Dwight Howard goes down in history as being better than Patrick Ewing, then my statement is correct. If Dwight Howard goes down in history as being as good as Patrick Ewing, then my statement is correct. Either scenario makes my statement correct. I don't know what you're failing to comprehend here.

20. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

MJ won 6 NBA Championships, and never had a Finals series go past 6 games.

Lebron’s Finals record is 3-5. He was SWEPT in two (2) of those. SWEPT.

MJ isn’t a [itch bay].

Lebron is a gigantic [itch bay].

Nobody ever said that Jordan quit at anything, much less a teammate.

Lebron? https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.sp...ba-news-eddie-house/8isbyhljod3w1prqp4g1gknwi

You can qualify and quote whatever you want, but this isn’t a point of serious debate.