The Stock Market Thread

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by golfballs03, Oct 28, 2011.

1. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Anybody here use robinhood?

2. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I piddle with it. I've made a couple hundred bucks over a year, just got really lucky on a few cheap stocks

3. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

Yea, but only for cryptocurrency, and the one free stock they gave me.

4. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Like it?

5. 2Maggitt2Quit

2Maggitt2Quit Chieftain

Robinhood seemed like a pretty solid interface when I played with it for a week or two. Just a heads up, I know there were some issues with it just completely shutting down during the initial COVID crash.

6. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

I don't use it regularly enough to have an opinion, because my trading platform is ThinkOrSwim through TD Ameritrade. And it has mobile and desktop.

I just pull it up, look at the graph, and decide whether to buy more Dogecoin or not. Usually not. Although if it ever goes anywhere, I'm rich [itch bay].

justingroves likes this.
  7. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

they also route your trade to the cheapest vendor which is a major problem if you are trading small stock with any size. spreads are far wider which is part of the way they make money. i wouldn't use it if you want to trade a lot.

8. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

With all the big boys going commission free, I'm not sure why anyone would choose to use RobinHood for stock trading.

9. dknash

dknash Chieftain

I have one pet Groupon, I think it mostly just pees on the rug

10. justingroves

justingroves supermod

For me, a year ago, I didn't know shit about it and a guy I work with sent me an invite.

11. 2Maggitt2Quit

2Maggitt2Quit Chieftain

Seems like we're having a "back to reality" day so far, but it could be followed by the biggest rally in history for all I know.

12. IP

IP Super Moderator

One day we are going to learn that there was major market manipulation going on in 2020.

13. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

L-L-O-L.

Think of the sheer expanse of people and events that such would require.

One day we’re going to see that IP went clinically insane in 2020.

Edit: I know you like watching this American market roar back to life, and in a fraction of the time many thought it’d take.

14. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

uncertainty creates volatility

15. IP

IP Super Moderator

Check the date and time of my post, the stock performance at that time, and reevaluate your assumptions about my meaning.

16. Butthole

Butthole Chieftain

By who?

17. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

I think it's roaring back so fast we are going to have major supply issues.

18. IP

IP Super Moderator

I don't know. just seems like there is no rhyme or reason to the volatility.

19. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

They had three crashes where their entire platform was inaccessible within a one week period (including their support channels). So not only could you not make trades, you couldn't find out why you couldn't make trades either.

Doesn't appear as though they are well-suited to handle high volume trading days.

20. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

Are you looking for the Covid thread?

VolDad, Tenacious D and warhammer like this.