The Butch Jones Doomsday Clock is now the Jeremy Pruitt Doomsday Clock

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by IP, Sep 24, 2016.

1. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

And truthfully, I don't think JG completes those passes.

Memtownvol likes this.
  2. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

That’s not really true. Starters are predominantly juniors and seniors. Plenty of upperclassman backups on both LOS.

3. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Let the youth movement begin. Your sophomores and freshmen beat an Auburn or Florida, you get a little bit of life back

Memtownvol and Lexvol like this.
  4. Lexvol

Lexvol Super Moderator

I can say without hesitation that the throw Bailey made to 7 to get us around the 15 yd line was a pro throw. Shrout might be the only other QB that has the arm for that throw.

5. juicemane

juicemane Member

If there was ever an opportunity to let him wing it, it was tonight. Pruitt is clueless.

6. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

Honestly I’m more worried about the defense. I can talk myself into a true freshman QB improving. But A&M and Florida can both hang 50 on us if they want to, and there’s no excuse for that in year three.

10SEvols and utvol0427 like this.
  7. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Not at safety, linebacker, the 3rd receiver is a true freshman, the starter at RB is a sophomore, both tackles are sophomores and then the 2nd string is all young.

8. justingroves

justingroves supermod

And Shrout would have waited another 2 seconds before throwing it

Lexvol likes this.
  9. chavisut

Every team has youth in places. This team ain’t young.

10. Lexvol

Lexvol Super Moderator

Bailey is watchable. I think we’ve broken Maurer...lol

11. justingroves

justingroves supermod

What hugely successful program has true sophomores or freshmen starting at 6 or 7 spots? There isn't many, but anyways, you don't say shit like that if you're Pruitt.

12. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Maurer is boom or bust, Bailey looks like a guy not spazzing out

Memtownvol likes this.
  13. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

The disease from the program hasn't had enough time to infect Bailey yet.

NorrisAlan likes this.
  14. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

We aren't going for hugely successful, just average would be nice at this point. We aren't too young to be an average football team.

TDVol1989 and chavisut like this.
  15. Lexvol

Lexvol Super Moderator

I expected much more from the D this year schematically. I can’t believe we are this deep in the season and can’t get to the qb when it’s important. All this with the understanding that the front seven was very average from a personnel standpoint.

16. chavisut

That.

17. TDVol1989

TDVol1989 Always Be Menstruating

If you want to make the argument that Sam Pittman had more to work with then there’s just no reasoning with you. We got cornholed because he got a serviceable QB year 1 ( don’t care how) and gets the most from his players. He followed a coach named Chad and has 3 conf wins. Let me just say this. We got a terrible head coach. That’s a fact.

yont sum iss? likes this.
  18. chavisut

Just looked at their depth chart. They’re younger than us.

TDVol1989 likes this.
  19. TDVol1989

TDVol1989 Always Be Menstruating

We are literally a joke. Infected with the stench of losing. I know my shtick here. But I am not wrong.

20. juicemane

juicemane Member

I’ve disagreed with you until now. This staff is an embarrassment. We’ve been left behind in the SEC