The Butch Jones Doomsday Clock is now the Jeremy Pruitt Doomsday Clock

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by IP, Sep 24, 2016.

1. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

he's in year 4. if you are being out talented that's on you. he's basically winning the same number of games every year. not progressing at all. he's steve sarkisian without the recruiting chops

TDVol1989 likes this.
  2. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

You keep naming coaches that have won national titles since the last time UT has.

Some of these folks, in their prime, I would absolutely take. But that seems to be the part I'm not following: do you think they are all in equal stages of their career?

3. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

can we just give the next coach a simple IQ test? I mean NFL teams test their picks. Combine that with a personality disorder exam and we’ve probably screened everyone since Fulmer.

NorrisAlan likes this.
  4. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

I don’t want to argue about Kiffin right now.

5. IP

IP Super Moderator

all off the field rules are ultimately meaningless, got it.

6. fl0at_

We have state employees. The NFL has private citizens.

I'm not sure we can have the same rules for hiring.

7. fl0at_

You're still struggling.

All off the field rules that are ruled meaningless are meaningless.

The rest will stand.

8. DownNDirty

DownNDirty Contributor

He's still coaching at friggin Iowa State. He's 5-2 this year. If they win out he wins the Big 12 more than likely. That's definitely progress. It's not like he's got this record at Texas or Oklahoma but at Iowa State. In the 5 years before he got there they won a total of 20 games. He's won 31 games in less than 5 years. Their best season ever was 9-3 in 2000. We may not ever be on the same page with Campbell but I think he could get it done here and actually has a lot less baggage than some of the others like Freeze.

9. IP

IP Super Moderator

you don't know that. just like Freeze didn't. yet you are willing to disregard this because of a combination of the rules changing, him getting lucky through the lense of your stance on off field rules, and your stance itself.

it's all good, all is well that ends well and you personally believe the end should be well.

I'm not struggling in the least, I just don't agree with you. by your own logic, he got lucky that the future ended up the way it seems to be going. that's it. lucky. by the logic of the ncaa and, well, most people, he is officially 12-15. either way, not my top choice.

10. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Have y'all considered the absurdity that we're probably going to go to a bowl game this year, even at 3-7?

NorrisAlan and justingroves like this.
  11. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

You know who beat Les Miles? Philip Fulmer.

No coaching search needed because our next coach is already here. Fulmer is inevitable. Neyland's record will fall.

TDVol1989 and warhammer like this.
  12. IP

IP Super Moderator

won championships. beat bama a lot. sec experience. clearly he's the guy by the criteria given

utvol0427 likes this.
  13. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

He's not winning out and winning the big 12. It being iowa state doesn't fly in year 4. it's the exact same logic people gave for hiring schiano. some guys are good at taking you out of the toilet, but can't take you elite. an extra 2 wins a year doesn't scream a great coach to me. there are always guys that get vastly overrated by the media for taking bad schools to mediocre. he's just one of a long list:

tedford
    schiano
    turner gill

14. fl0at_

I do know that. All rules that stand, should stand. All meaningless rules that should not, should not.

When a rule is found to not stand, if it changed an outcome from the on the field result, it should be changed back.

People believe players should be paid. People believed that when he coached. Being bullied in to following that rule, does not make the rule right.

And when played are finally paid, that bullying should be undone.

And that is true of ANY off the field rule. There is no consensus anywhere. So if it is later found that that rule was wrong, if it changed in the field outcomes, then that was also wrong.

He is 39/64 at football games.

15. fl0at_

I would take Fulmer in his prime.

16. yont sum iss?

yont sum iss? Contributor

Yeah. The Ole Miss program [uck fay]ing sucks and plays in the best division in the sport. I mean Kiffin won’t consistently win shit there either. No one will.

BTW I don’t want them to hire Freeze. He’s scum and his association with Liberty only solidified that even more. I’m just saying he’s a good football coach and I’m over pretending like anything other than that actually matters to any of the programs that have consistent success.

17. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

They are. And the only thing that matters is what happens on the field. NCAA and vacated games don’t mean shit.

18. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Gus won a Natty as a HC?

19. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Jimbo seems to be doing well. Let's call him.

20. IP

IP Super Moderator

either they are and he is 12-15 or they are not and what happened on the field is all that matters. you and float are trying to have it both ways.