POLITICS The Biden Transition

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by Unimane, Nov 24, 2020.

1. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Awfully, awfully rich to hear a conservative say this after the scorched earth campaigns by Republicans against Democrats since the '94 Gingrich lead revolution, including the sheer nastiness towards Obama and Clinton. But, Trump was a Grade A piece of shit who needed to be opposed, along with his central idea of dividing the nation and sheer corruption. You mistake "hate filled" with opposition and should place it, instead, on the person who said Democrats were going to destroy America by taking away guns, religion, freedom, etc., etc.

Democrats called on Republicans to divest themselves from Trump for years, asking for a path of reconciliation without the cancer which is Trump. Most refused. So, spare me the "Democrats bad" argument. They are waaaaaaayyyyyy less committed at all costs to obtain power than the ruthless Republicans, which is, actually, a somewhat regular frustration among many liberals.

Biden has always been the same guy, though. This talk from him is pretty much who he has been for decades as he grew up in the time where Rs and Ds really did wheel and deal with one another.

2. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

What makes me a conservative?
    And Trump is a pos. Dont know how many times i have to say it. Im also fine with Biden being pres. How does that make me a conservative again? And ive never voted republican either.
    My point about irony wont change. People couldnt wear Trump hats without being attacked or labeled. Now its "we gotta come together". I agree we do. I just dont care for hypocrital people or commentary. Not directed at you Uni btw

3. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

I have heard Mitch warned him about picking Saunders for Labor Secretary. Said he would not be confirmed

4. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

I say let him have his people. It's his show to run now.

VolDad likes this.
  5. Unimane

I doubt the Democrats are willing to risk any Senate seats as it is and the Vermont governor, who would designate a replacement for Sanders, is a Republican. I'm fine with Sanders not having control of Labor. I find him a good advocate, a necessary rabble rouser, but not someone whom I think is the type to run a department.

6. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

Perhaps the GA election will make that a moot point. I assume he can wait until we know the results to fill the position.

7. IP

IP Super Moderator

If McConnell has a say, he might be waiting a lot longer than that anyway.

8. Unimane

Even if the GA election is one or two Republican wins, that's still a very tight Senate where he would need just one or two of a Romney or Collins, whomever, to defect for certain votes.

9. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

I don't think McConnell will bring anything up for a vote he is not certain is going to go one way or another.

10. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Romney is back on the GOP train now that Trump is gone. He will not defect anymore. Collins though is a wild card.

11. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

And Murkowski, though to a smaller degree than Collins. But defections are fairly rare.

zehr27 likes this.
  12. IP

IP Super Moderator

Can the VP not recognize any member? I don't think McConnell's majority leadership role is an official, constitutional one. If not, the VP could recognize anyone to speak and introduce something to the floor.

Could be wrong.

13. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

I thought only the majority leader could bring something to the floor.

14. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

15. IP

IP Super Moderator

16. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Mainly that he's not gonna put the scope on Wall Street, which is exactly as I expected would be the case with a Biden admin. I just find it more interesting in the changing of the guard per se.

17. IP

IP Super Moderator

I don't think we can kick those tires too hard right now, anyway. That's not a good idea when the pandemic is still stressing the economy. baby steps.

18. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Lol baby steps. Don't hold your breath.

19. IP

IP Super Moderator

not any time in the next 4 years, no. that was the difference between warren and biden. with trump it is all pay to play, so baby steps

20. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Do you think Biden is going to handle wall street any different than Trump?