The Butch Jones Doomsday Clock is now the Jeremy Pruitt Doomsday Clock

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by IP, Sep 24, 2016.

1. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

It’s a good point, but it’s easier said than done. Is there a path toward “not an embarrassment” that doesn’t involve the kind of swing for the fences that, for instance, got Alabama out of their period of embarrassment? Do we just need the administration to get on the same page? If Marrone comes here and gets us to 7-5, can he avoid following it up with 4-8 and us bring right back where we started?

We need stability, but we’ve hired a series of mediocre coaches and none of them have gotten us stability. So where do we get it?

2. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

mediocre would be a big step up from what we've had, but idk where you go. you tell me?

sbradle4 likes this.
  3. SGMVols

SGMVols Contributor

For some reason half the fanbase thinks a guy with a 19-21 SEC record over 5 years is going to be the one to bring us back. And they also think UT actually would hire a coach with 15 Level 1 violations on his record, just after firing a coach over violations...

4. yont sum iss?

yont sum iss? Contributor

Yeah, but that’s definitely not the mentality you go into making a change/hire with. You go in with the mentality of hiring the absolute best option available. Maybe that is a guy who has a very limited ceiling and is only capable of getting you back to being decent. But approaching it with the mindset of “we only need to make a change that’s going to result in being ok again” is probably just going to have a really shitty result.

5. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Yea. Pruitt is done.

Poppa T and TDVol1989 like this.
  6. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Got to bring in someone committed to recruiting and developing Quarterbacks.

7. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Has Pruitt commented or tweeted anything about the Steele hire yet?

8. Lexvol

Lexvol Super Moderator

Marrone is logical but doesn’t get me the tingles. I guess you have to learn how to throw a forward pass and defend the slant before you win championships.

9. TDVol1989

TDVol1989 Always Be Menstruating

I would take him over Marrone but it’s not happening. We’re swinging for short right center field in hopes of a blooper single.

10. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Let's just ride the "look how Carroll turned out!" train. What I plan on doing, as it is the only thing that could keep me sane.

justingroves and Lexvol like this.
  11. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

No.

12. Lexvol

Lexvol Super Moderator

He ain’t anywhere close to being out of the woods yet at the very least.

13. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

He's for sure done here. These next few days determines how far he's done into the future.

Poppa T likes this.
  14. yont sum iss?

yont sum iss? Contributor

Good thing they don’t do whatever Pruitt did here at Alabama.

15. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

Marrone does not excite me in the least. He has coached a team to an AFC Championship and won a Pinstripe Bowl. I might prefer Fisher if I'm shopping NFL coaches who don't really do it for me. At least he wound up a yard short of winning the big one.

16. TDVol1989

So why isn’t there a mutually beneficial face saving reduced buyout on the table? Is it Tennessee going for broke or Pruitt digging in? Having a guy’s career ruined isn’t a good thing. He’s the wrong guy but I hate to see him burned.

17. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

It's being negotiated. This is deep.

And anytime lawyer's are around... it's not a fast process.

zehr27 likes this.
  18. TDVol1989

Jeez cut in half and move on. If it’s THAT deep I suppose we got some self imposed punishment coming

A-Smith likes this.
  19. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

I keep telling myself he was more or less the architect of the 01 Florida game offensive gameplan.

That's all I've got.

ptclaus98, TDVol1989 and Lexvol like this.
  20. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Last I was told was if we pay him 6 months we're being too generous.