Anyone Ever had a Mid-Life Crisis

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by lumberjack4, Feb 1, 2021.

1. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I'll still have to do something, I don't know what.

2. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

I wanna be there for my kids for a few more years then dont really give a shit

reVOLt and InVolNerable like this.
  3. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

I'd much rather just go to the driving range. Maybe [uck fay] around in the chipping area. I can't stand playing 18, or even 9.

4. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

I enjoy top golf. Makes it arcade-y. Also easier to eat and drink there than in a golf cart with people giving you nasty looks.

5. Ssmiff

Its always been more about the group. 4 hr quiet serious round of golf sucks. 4 hrs of drinks, competition, little gambling and shit talking with music playing is enjoyable.

6. Savage Orange

Savage Orange I need ammunition, not a ride. -V Zelensky.

Meh... 40 is the old age of youth and 50 is the youth of old age... you can’t do anything about it so why get all worked up? I’m almost 55 now and still see that goofy 19 year old I used to be whenever I look in the mirror.

7. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

i'm not very good, but i've come to realize most people aren't very good.

fl0at_ and NorrisAlan like this.
  8. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

They go drinking and a game of golf breaks out.

droski likes this.
  9. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Honestly, if challenge/fun is the goal I would do what Warhammer did and move to Europe for a while and see what that was like.

10. yont sum iss?

yont sum iss? Contributor

Kind of dealing with some of this now at 31. Been on my current career path for about 7-8 years and I've sort of lost the passion for most of it. About 20% of the time I'm doing things I enjoy. Rest of the time I'm pretty much bored to tears. Considering subjecting myself to being broke for a couple years to go back to school and get a masters degree so I can specialize in that 20% a little more. Good times.

gcbvol and justingroves like this.
  11. TBSVOL

TBSVOL Member

Down the road, one of these days, most of you will probably have grand kids ...... and wish you'd had them first

justingroves likes this.
  12. gcbvol

gcbvol Fabulous Moderator

The guys have already talked about taking up a new activity and it really does help. Went through a mild case a few years ago. We took up golf, sucked. Kept at it, took lessons and still suck. It is enjoyable though we don't play much now. We also got into wine and it weirdly helped a lot. We now have another hobby in repurposing the bottles into candles. All of the sudden, "poof!" retirement is 6ish years away. I'm also old.

A-Smith and IP like this.
  13. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

tl;dr: When gcb started drinking, things got better.

gcbvol and justingroves like this.
  14. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

I've been collecting wine corks for years, as a backing for a dart board.

I work at it, but it takes a long time to drink a backboard.

hohenfelsvol, A-Smith and gcbvol like this.
  15. gcbvol

gcbvol Fabulous Moderator

You an amateur, gurl.

Cool idea, though. We use corks to create, too, but never thought about a daart board. I like.

Last edited: Feb 4, 2021
  16. IP

IP Super Moderator

What do you create with them?

17. Ssmiff

Google hummingbird feeders made from wine and liquor bottles. Pretty cool. We have a couple of them

gcbvol and IP like this.
  18. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

If bottles of scotch and bourbon had corks, I'd have built a house years ago.

19. IP

IP Super Moderator

One of the more lasting images in my mind from visiting southern Portugal was seeing cork trees debarked. It looked like the trees had been dipped in old blood from the bottom. Debarking like that would surely kill most of the trees I grew up around in North America, so it was weird to see these mature, full trees get treated like that and thrive.

20. Lexvol

Lexvol Super Moderator

F that...I turn 50 this year and I’m still sexy as hell! So far no mid life here, I get up every morning..go to work and keep the kids clothed and fed. Pretty much accepted that’s why God put me here and it ain’t so bad.