POLITICS My Facebook Feed

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by TennTradition, Jan 3, 2019.

1. IP

IP Super Moderator

You just said my dumb ass didn't climb up and remove light bulbs when someone said to get the lights, yet you hear fire alarm and are talking about how it's really a pull station? LOL

2. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

I legit got to the pull the “fire alarm” in high school as we had a real actual fire. And I got quoted in the KNS.

Was one of the highlights.

3. IP

IP Super Moderator

It was a Soviet-Nicaraguan invasion.

4. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Wrong again. You should see my image of you typing all this stuff.

5. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

No. You have once again read all the words and come to the wrong conclusion. I'll rehash for you.

1. Indy said smoke detectors aren't fire alarms.
    2. I said they are.
    3. He showed pictured of pull stations
    4. I said those are pull stations, not fire alarms, thus you're still wrong about #1, smoke detectors are fire alarms.
    5. You concluded, some how, that I don't consider a pull station to be a fire alarm. I do, conversationally. But I'm bright enough to know that there is conversational "fire alarm" that we'd talk about when "pulling something." But when "mounting something" I know we're talking about fire alarms, not pull stations.

And then.. we got here.

I don't care if someone calls a pull station a fire alarm. But don't say that because you think a fire alarm is a pull station, that smoke detectors aren't fire alarms. They are. And pull stations are pull stations.

6. fl0at_

I would very much like to see that. Can you paint it, or using your well developed and vivid vocabulary, describe it?

7. IP

IP Super Moderator

I agree that smoke detectors are a type of fire alarm.

8. fl0at_

And do you think a pull station is a fire alarm? Or just a switch?

9. IP

IP Super Moderator

A pull station is a part of a fire alarm system. It is where a user interfaces with the fire alarm system.

10. fl0at_

This is exactly as I've said. So why are you trying to paint what I've said in a different light?

11. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Kindof a mix of Charlie Weiss, Varys from GOT and Pruitt

12. fl0at_

Close, actually. We should try to meet up next lacrosse game. I'll bring some drinks, and we can discuss how accurate you are, and wrong I am.

13. fl0at_

Just in case anyone wonders, I look like one of these here dudes:

14. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

If the pull station for a fire alarm triggers a light to activate on the fire alarm system, is the pull station also a light switch?

Also, what is the optimal height to mount a pull station factoring in individuals of all heights?

I'll hang up and listen.

15. fl0at_

Yes, it is also a light switch. But a very loud one.

The NFPA 72 has the required heights listed.

16. IP

IP Super Moderator

Because the idea of splitting hairs about a pull station being referred to as a fire alarm is as silly as "get the lights" and going for a ladder.

17. fl0at_

You're focused on the wrong person, then. I'm not splitting hairs about pull stations, I'm explaining to Indy that fire alarms are detectors, and what he called a fire alarm is the pull station. He can call them whichever, but that does not mean he gets to say that when I say fire alarm, I'm speaking about pull stations. Because I'm not.

You then seemed to be saying that I would have said, while in elementary school, "Those aren't fire alarms, they're pull stations." But I would not have. But I would have argued with the teacher if they had said my smoke detectors aren't fire alarms, because the fire alarm is the red box outside the classroom. And since you targeted that at me, incorrectly, I then came to the conclusion that you must also think that pull stations are fire alarms. At which point, I needed to explain that they aren't, any more than the light switch is the "light."

If you can't see this, then you are willfully blind to it. You've called me out for something I did not say or even suggest, and have now defended it as if it were correct for you to have done initially. Or at least that is what your latest post suggests.

18. IP

IP Super Moderator

I'm glad someone is finally pointing out that pull stations are not synonymous with fire alarms.

19. fl0at_

See, here you go again, reading all the words, and coming to the wrong conclusion. Nobody is pointing out that pull stations are not synonymous with fire alarms, because, in certain contexts they are synonymous.

What has been done is to point out that life includes, inside of the word grouping "fire alarm" many sets of things, not just one set.

20. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Did I say all crime is stupid? I asked you if most crime is stupid.