Fall Practice

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by zehr27, Aug 5, 2021.

1. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

If he was confident he would name him now since our game is next Thursday. No reason to wait until the depth chart gets released.

2. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Meh, maybe he's got two jockeying for the win and wants to see who can handle the pressure or push themselves over the line.

Memtownvol likes this.
  3. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

No reason to let your opponent know yet.

4. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

I could understand playing 2 guys vs. Bowling Green, but he better know which one he wants after that.

5. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Just read a tweet that said UT had 3 now pro wrs in 2019. 94th in ppg and 75th in passing.

6. IP

IP Super Moderator

The JG effect. Let's see what happens in Washington State.

7. IP

IP Super Moderator

Remember we all on this forum talked about how good Calloway was all the time. He just didn't have a competent QB to throw to him. Cost him millions.

PilotFlyingJ likes this.
  8. ptclaus98

ptclaus98 Contributor

nothing, because he won't be a starter there

9. ptclaus98

ptclaus98 Contributor

The most embarrassing thing is having those 3, John Kelly, Trey Smith, losing 8, and scoring 17 vs UMass

EDIT:I guess technically we didn't have all three vs UMass but still

10. IP

IP Super Moderator

Him failing to start there would speak volumes.

PilotFlyingJ likes this.
  11. Volgrad98

Volgrad98 Contributor

My expectations are so low it's pretty shameful. If the offense doesn't continuously go 3 and out in the majority of the games, I'll consider that good. But then again, it's bad to have expectations. Amirite?

VOLinDAWGland and VolDad like this.
  12. IP

IP Super Moderator

I expect us to march down to florida undefeated for maximum hype to heart break ratio, followed by parts of the fanbase already calling for Heupel to be fired.

Memtownvol, Volsdude and NorrisAlan like this.
  13. Volsdude

Volsdude Well-Known Member

This is the way

NorrisAlan and justingroves like this.
  14. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I expect 7 wins if Tennessee stays relatively healthy

BG
    Pitt
    Tech
    South Carolina
    Kentucky
    South Alabama
    Vandy

PilotFlyingJ and utvol0427 like this.
  15. IP

IP Super Moderator

Who would 8 be, if you were told by a time traveler we win 8 and had to guess? Missouri? Ole Miss?

16. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Missouri. Our defense probably cannot stop the Lane Train.

Memtownvol likes this.
  17. Volsdude

Volsdude Well-Known Member

I actually expect Ole Miss to be somewhat of a wagon this year. Their defense returned everyone (which was awful I know but they were young) and added a bunch. They should have beaten Arkansas and Auburn (kickoff fumble that wasn’t called for auburn if anyone remembers and Arky they threw like 6 picks and still almost won). Favorite game of last year was their Bama game when little Nicky complained they were stealing signals.

That being said I think we blow donkey balls and would be relieved to win 6. We’re going to have injuries and the depth is horrible right now. I’m a Heupel disciple, don’t get me wrong, but this team just feels too patchwork right now and I vowed to have no hopes ever again after last season, but we all know how that goes.

18. KyleAlexanderfan

KyleAlexanderfan Well-Known Member

LSU requiring a vaccination card or negative PCR test to get into games. May see a few more schools follow.

19. KyleAlexanderfan

KyleAlexanderfan Well-Known Member

I am probably gonna skip out on games again this year due to us sucking + Covid ramping back up but if UT puts it into place I might go. However, with the current vaccination rates in TN and the amount of money they will lose I bet we don’t see it.

20. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

I didn't keep up with my vaccination card.