Fall Practice

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by zehr27, Aug 5, 2021.

1. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

At the time, student tickets were free.

NorrisAlan likes this.
  2. IP

IP Super Moderator

Mine too, but it is petty.

3. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

I understand it though, they don't want the students getting their ticket and scalping it. They want a rowdy student section full of students, otherwise they will charge some blue hair $100 bucks for that seat.

4. IP

IP Super Moderator

God forbid a student scalp their ticket, all while thousands are scalped all over campus. Same with it being a "dry campus" unless you are muckity-muck and then drink up. It isn't the policy one way or the other, it is the fake values aspect of it.

5. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

The one I got was too big to fit in a wallet. I have a picture of it, which maybe will matter? I can probably find the original but it’d take some looking.

6. IP

IP Super Moderator

I carry a picture on my phone and have the actual card locked up with my passport

SetVol13 likes this.
  7. KyleAlexanderfan

KyleAlexanderfan Well-Known Member

LSU and Ohio State now requiring all students to be vaccinated. I feel like by week 5 all schools will have adopted their stadium policy.

8. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

It's Bowling [uck fay]ing Green.

9. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Regardless, Heupel doesn't want or need a GA St, plus it's probably just out of habit. Why rush it to be public. Defending Bailey is a different game plan than Milton. I wouldn't take anything for granted right now if I was JH.

Memtownvol and IP like this.
  10. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

On one hand, you don’t have to check every single one at every single game. You just have to check enough at the first game to make people think they have the chance of being checked at all the subsequent games. You can spot check enough people to have a fairly robust policy and still have an efficient entry process. And if you send enough people home, most people won’t take the gamble of paying for tickets and not having a card going forward.

On the other hand, there will always be a small sect of people who try to game or take advantage of the system, no matter what you do.

11. IP

IP Super Moderator

No one will care if we win games.

12. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Agreed but it shows confidence in your leader which we haven't had in forever.

13. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

**whispers** maybe they don't have confidence.

14. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Exactly what I am afraid of.

15. govols182

govols182 Honorary Mod

Maybe they just want to continue having them push each other in practice?

16. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

That was my thought. Why let somebody have it easier a full week before the first game?

17. ptclaus98

ptclaus98 Contributor

You know, I've looked at the snaps for Joe Milton, I've heard people compare him to JG, I've heard Michigan fans dog the shit out of him for being inaccurate, and tossing INTs. I decided to take another look at his tape from Michigan, and because it's just his snaps, I keep noticing something in the Mich St video. He'd make a positive play on first down, either a first down, or 2nd and short, and then it skips to his next possession. I'm only noticing a couple bad snaps(nothing even approaching JG, just not gains or not converting 3rd and long). So curiosity hits, and I look up the box score for that game, and Joe Milton was the leading rusher with 59 yards on 12 carries. The next guy had 56 on just 8 carries. Milton had 52(!) attempts. This wasn't a game where UM went down big early, they abandoned the run from jump. So I look at their schedule page and see in the next two games their leading rushers have 19 and 21 yards. WTF is Michigan doing? That is atrocious offensive football, no wonder Milton looked like shit. Harbaugh has no idea how to run a modern offense, and their line is much worse than I imagined. Gattis is also every bit as bad of an OC as I thought as well. It wouldn't surprise me if Michigan only won 6-7 games this year.

IP and Memtownvol like this.
  18. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I want Gattis as the next wr coach here

19. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

I’d imagine a full game week prep of running with the 1’s would be beneficial for starter. Then again, I always just picked the highest rating on NCAA, no QB competition needed.

IP and justingroves like this.
  20. IP

IP Super Moderator

I'm just going to assume they have a handle on things until they show that they don't. If this were year 2 or 3 and there was a history of [uck fay]ing it up, I would be apoplectic.

SetVol13, justingroves and chavisut like this.