POLITICS Random Political/Legal

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by fl0at_, Jun 7, 2021.

1. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

2. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

So which part did they suspend her over? The stuff about the vaccine mandate? The Obama comment? Or the stuff about female reporters?

3. IP

IP Super Moderator

You have all the information I do.

justingroves likes this.
  4. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

You shared the tweet, so I assumed you understood what he was getting at, since he doesn't come right out and say it.

5. IP

IP Super Moderator

We have the same information. For me it is obvious what he is getting at. For you it will always be a mystery, I guess.

6. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

I asked you to explain what he's getting at. You are saying that, for you, it is obvious what he is getting at.

This is the 7th post between us since I asked you to explain what he is getting at. It's obvious for you (your words), so I don't understand why we've had 7 posts since then, and none of them have included you explaining to me what he's getting at.

You could have just replied "No" or explained it in your first reply. Either one would have saved both of us time.

7. IP

IP Super Moderator

What do you want me to do? Read each statement out loud? They are different. Right from the first sentence.

8. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

I’m not sure what point he’s trying to make either.

Indy likes this.
  9. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

I don't get the tweet either. The responses are obviously worded differently, but I have no clue where some random checkmark on Twitter is coming from.

Indy likes this.
  10. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Bernie is a sack of shit.

11. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

12. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

13. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

14. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

When you see satan everywhere, eventually everything will be satanic.

Hail satan.

15. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Also, for the "globalists" haters, a framework minimum tax on multi-national corporations was agreed to today.

16. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

Your average person who hates “globalism” will need to wait for the talking heads to tell them how to feel about that

17. I think he's saying that it's a double standard, how they threw Jemele Hill under the bus with no grace and how this other person got a very light touch with a sensitive, politically correct tone ("we recognize there are differences of opinion", as if the readers are so delicate that they think condemnation is the same as Stalinist censorship).

18. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Well, in order for it to be a double standard, doesn't the gravity of the two comments need to be equal?

Jemele Hill called the POTUS a white supremacist. The implication of saying that is that 70 million plus people actively support a white supremacist as POTUS. That's a big statement.

Steele stated that she doesn't like vaccine mandates, claimed she finds it fascinating that Obama identifies as Black despite being of mixed race descent, and said some stuff female journalists dressing a certain way.

I'm not sure the gravity of the two comments is equal.

19. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

We gonna unpack the Dave Chapelle stuff in here?

I watched it this past weekend. I was honestly expecting it to be a lot worse than it ended up being, based on everything I had read about it prior to watching.

I did realize this morning that today is Columbus Day/Indigenous Peoples' Day/...National Coming Out Day. I don't know when the latter two were established, but if National Coming Out Day was the latter of the two, then it makes me laugh and think of Chapelle.

20. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

After brief research, it looks like National Coming Out Day was celebrated first. So maybe not as funny as originally thought.

It does seem like maybe they should move it to a different day, so that each celebration can have its own day. And I only say to move National Coming Out Day because Indigenous Peoples' Day coinciding with Columbus Day serves a pretty obvious and specific purpose.

But wtf do I know.