POLITICS Random Political/Legal

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by fl0at_, Jun 7, 2021.

1. cpninja

cpninja Member

coming out day is set on oct 11th every year, columbus day moves around bc its on the 2nd monday of the month(and is officially set as oct 12th anyway). Hope this helps

SetVol13, IP and The Dooz like this.
  2. IP

IP Super Moderator

Also, we can walk and chew gum. there is nothing prescriptive or ritualistic about observing these things.

3. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

This is good information, of which I was previously ignorant. I appreciate you setting me straight.

TennTradition likes this.
  4. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

So a reverse coming out day for Indy?

SetVol13, Indy and IP like this.
  5. IP

IP Super Moderator

Going In Day. It has special significance to Indy. Best observed in the passenger seat with a warm PBR

emainvol likes this.
  6. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

According to my company this is Happy Indigenous People Day.

7. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

VolDad to boss: "Technically, we are all really indigenous to the Rift Valley in eastern Africa."

8. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

Pretty sure the Garden of Eden was in the Middle East.

9. chef65

chef65 Contributor

I want to live in a world where evolution is not only understood intellectually but used to overthrow the malignant Christian doctrine that humans are uniquely godlike and deserve dominion over nature.

The real discoverers of the New World, while flawed human beings more than capable of violence, observed key fundamental truths about our connection to the natural world that elude most Westerners due to the cancers of Christianity and capitalism.

Now back to looking for the perfect seat for a Predators game while sipping vodka from Poland.

Last edited: Oct 13, 2021
    HCKevinSteele likes this.
  10. idk I think calling trump a white supremacist wasn’t exactly a huge stretch. The vast majority of US presidents have been.

white supremacy doesn’t require you to pay kkk dues and burn a certain number of crosses per year, it’s about your general orientation towards the existing forms of pro-white racism.

tbh white supremacy as an academic term means a lot more than how most people use it. I’ve had campus activist types call me that before, and according to their definition, they were probably right at the time.

anyway, it’s just words. calling the president a white supremacist doesn’t really get anyone killed in an obvious, direct way. using a public platform to argue against vaccine mandates does indeed, measurably, harm people. Whatever you think about whether we should have them or not, you cannot deny that the vaccine saves lives and that more people getting it would save more lives. Even the most hardcore anti-mandate people admit this. Their stance is “vaccines help but individual freedom is more important than human life”.

11. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

Well, if activists say it...

12. They may be goofy and cringy, but in all my years of teaching and being around college campuses, student activists are among the least deadly threats you’d face (in an already more or less safe environment).

Everyone understands that they’re basically harmless and still very much children/teenagers going through a phase.

You can say much the same about a sports anchor expressing controversial political views. Clay Travis alone proves that there’s really no actual problem with being a provocative tool and saying things that are untrue. He’s not getting reprimanded by Fox or having outkick shut down by advertiser strikes. And he’s been giving terrible COVID advice that might have gotten someone killed, not just calling Joe Biden a communist or whatever else he does on that radio show.

IP likes this.
  13. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

Okay, if you and activists say.

14. IP

IP Super Moderator

Look for Manchin and/or Sinema to flip parties very soon. McConnell sort of telegraphed this in his response to Schumer's silly remarks following the budget passing and punt on the debt ceiling. McConnell will be on top of the senate before the end of the year.

JMHO. If I am right, boy I will look smart.

15. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/577623-manchin-on-party-switch-its-bull

Has anyone ever seen Joe Manchin and Nick Saban in the same room before?

16. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Machin knows one misstep and he is gone. That tells you all you all you need to know. He just wants to collect a paycheck.

17. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Manchin's positions are, largely, understandable. He's a Democrat in a state which every single county voted Republican in 2020. I get him, though his advocacy speaks to the idiocy which allows coal interests to have such an outsized influence on our politics.

Sinemea is a space cadet, though. I have no idea where she's going. She revels in this quirky sort of persona, but she's really lacking any coherent sense and stands a real good chance at being primaried.

18. IP

IP Super Moderator

Being bought is now "quirky?"

19. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

They all quirky.

20. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

She revels, not anyone else.