Heupel to OU Freak Out Thread

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by CardinalVol, Nov 28, 2021.

1. yont sum iss?

yont sum iss? Contributor

If UT and Florida can ever get their shit together, Kentucky is going back to that with or without Stoops.

2. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

If they are looking at those two then they would prefer Heupel

3. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Those sound like the floor candidates that you float while pursuing bigger fish

4. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Like Shane Beamer

5. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Maybe they’re in panic mode

6. IP

IP Super Moderator

Oh my lord, if Shane Beamer goes from a head scratching hire by SC to head coach of Oklahoma in ONE YEAR based on 6-6 and beating a broken Florida team... Whew. I should have been a football coach.

thagodfather and Memtownvol like this.
  7. justingroves

justingroves supermod

It would be hilarious

8. IP

IP Super Moderator

Imagine... 6-6 at South Carolina can get you in consideration for an Oklahoma program who has been in the playoff picture every year, and 6-6 at Florida when you had to play Georgia and Bama after winning the East two years ago gets you fired.

It's clearly all about trajectory, which is why lasting as a head coach is incredibly difficult because at some point you can't beat your own high water mark in consecutive years anymore and inevitably you will have two years in a row below that mark. The level of expectations at big programs is literally unattainable. They even turn against Saban, Jeezum.

9. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

I cannot wait for the smooth brained bama fans to see reality after Saban retires/dies.

Memtownvol and Daddy Gee like this.
  10. juicemane

juicemane Member

If people think vols fans are crazy, just wait until bama has to come back down to earth.

11. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

Or one year below the standard—Mullen finished in the top 15 every year he finished at Florida, and came within a score of beating the national champs and winning the conference eleven months before his firing.

12. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

you should see the Oklahoma fan reaction. All happy to see Riley go because he’s slipping and has never won anything. Delusional

Memtownvol and NorrisAlan like this.
  13. NorrisAlan

We may be crazy as UT fans, but our guy had two losing seasons before we jettisoned his big ass out to the curb. The last three knuckleheads were fired for obvious reasons, as they were the an asshole that wanted to be fired and two of the dumbest mother[uck fay]ers ever to grace our campus.

droski likes this.
  14. IP

IP Super Moderator

Oh man, there is some pain coming their way when they enter the SEC.

droski and NorrisAlan like this.
  15. HCKevinSteele

HCKevinSteele Well-Known Member

I can’t begin to describe how happy it will make me. No other fan base in all of sports gets more of their self worth from their team’s successes. Just imagine Alabama having like a 4-5 game losing streak, or losing to Tennessee, LSU and Auburn all on the same season. Saban is starting to seem old, it could be here before we know it.

JayVols likes this.
  16. IP

IP Super Moderator

I also wonder if it is close.

17. SGMVols

SGMVols Contributor

Saban just doesn’t look to have the same edge that he had in the past. He’s making excuses for poor play this year that he used to chew ass over. I used to think he’d coach into his 80s if his health allowed. Now I’m thinking he might actually hang it up in a couple of years.

18. NorrisAlan

I have been thinking this for 2-3 years now, but he does look older all of a sudden. He is 70 now, and you just cannot keep up the energy like you did even 5 years ago.

19. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

I semi-wonder if the transfer changes might be what do him in. It goes against everything he stand for.

I'd only be half surprised if they didn't make the CFP and he announced his retirement.

20. VOLinDAWGland

VOLinDAWGland Contributor

On the hot seat