Heupel to OU Freak Out Thread

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by CardinalVol, Nov 28, 2021.

1. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

After 5 years of watching an offense that goes 3 and out too fast, I refuse to complain about scoring too fast

2. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

Our defensive effort this season was nothing short of heroic in how they adjusted to that challenge and never complained.

3. Savage Orange

Savage Orange I need ammunition, not a ride. -V Zelensky.

As opposed to us, the fanbase, who have complained loudly all season… especially in 3rd (and 4th…) down!!

IP likes this.
  4. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Yeah well that definitely needs to get better and I think it probably will

Savage Orange likes this.
  5. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Think we will see more 4th down attempts as we are in the middle of whipping somebody or we just scored in 39 seconds and other teams don't want to punt it back to us. Another 40 second td drive against your team and you are going to have some body language and mental issues so go for it so at least you make your team look like you are fighting
    Jmo

6. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

Ironically, by having a great offense, we will force other offenses to be better. It’s hard to stop a team that has no problem using all four downs. Hell, Vanderbilt converted five in a row against us, and we were stuffing them on third.

7. SGMVols

SGMVols Contributor

There’s no chance under Pruitt that Vandy would go for it from their own 12 yard line. That’s how badly Clark Lea wanted to keep our offense off the field. We’re already making opponents do crazy shit in games out of fear.

8. IP

IP Super Moderator

It was the difference in the game for Ole Miss, converting 4th downs.

9. justingroves

justingroves supermod

And fumbles not being called fumbles and quarterbacks stepping out of bounds with no time left

10. Savage Orange

Savage Orange I need ammunition, not a ride. -V Zelensky.

And players flopping all over the place to stop any momentum we were gaining…

zehr27 and Memtownvol like this.
  11. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

And overthrowing the guy on the play before.

A-Smith likes this.
  12. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

And a ref 40 yards away spotting the ball on a game deciding 4th down.

13. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

That's the lone throw I'm not going to hold against him. That was actually a great throw where the WR was just gassed. It in 1Q that's a TD.

Tar Volon and justingroves like this.
  14. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

yeah ball just got on him faster and wr didn't have time and legs to elevate and snag it. That's a throw we needed Brett Smith for an autosnag

Memtownvol likes this.
  15. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

Would have been too low for Justin Hunter