Nashville, Brentwood, Chattanooga and Atlanta suck. Or do they? Discuss here.

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by ptclaus98, Dec 5, 2021.

1. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Once you figure it out, it's fun to see everyone sitting still while you go on about your way

2. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

I've mostly figured out the backroads from 59 to 75 but man is it a unnecessary PITA.

3. justingroves

justingroves supermod

There was no central planning involved back in the day

4. ptclaus98

ptclaus98 Contributor

Chattanooga has plenty of reason. It's not meant to be this big. But it's nothing a few bypasses can't fix. Widening the roads will be a failure, as it is in every major city

5. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

A bypass through North GA connecting 59 to 75 would do it.

justingroves likes this.
  6. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

I figured the post lengths would have been a dead giveaway, guess I’ll… erm Tenny will have to leave bigger crumbs

Savage Orange likes this.
  7. ptclaus98

ptclaus98 Contributor

That would be very expensive

8. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

We will build a great, great bypass through Northern Georgia and we'll have Georgia pay for that bypass.

9. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Brentwood has no character, no center, no communal sense, no anything pretty much except a collection of rich ass houses and a shopping areas. I get the allure. You can live in a big house with a yard away from the city riff raff and noise. But, nah. I lived in Farragut long enough to know I didn't want that lifestyle.

Franklin, though, has a town square, main street, and some definite town character in the old homes, plus bordering some idyllic nature spots, which makes it a place I could dig if it weren't so far from the energy of the big(-ish) city (and my job).

10. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Broad generalization. I'm gonna guess you've not seen a lot of brentwood. I also lived in Franklin. Town Square is cool. If being packed with tourists means center and community, so be it. My non character neighborhood may have more trees than the entire city of franklin, and home was built in the 80s, backs up to a mile of woods and the kids rode bikes to elementary school. Some of the views from houses on the hills are incredible.
    Community in Brentwood is centered around schools and churches, also surrounded by woods and creeks. Great character and hills. Cant help it if California, NY and Chicago people keep coming and overpaying for homes to get a little land and in the school system while often bringing rudeness and arrogance. I've had 3 boys in Brentwood. There are many more working class folk and both parents working families than there are millionairres, by far.

11. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

What is working class in Brentwood? I have a feeling it looks much different than the working class I grew up around.

12. IP

IP Super Moderator

That's always a good question, when someone uses the term. It means different things to different people.

13. chavisut

IP can you undelete my post you’re replying to haha

14. IP

IP Super Moderator

Wow, a mod so twitchy he censors himself

15. Unimane

Brentwood is soulless, oh well. Half the people in this thread have shit on Nashville, where I live, and I don't feel the need to get defensive.

It's a city which is top 3 in median income and house value in the richest county in the state. Selling me on "working class" folks is going to be a hard one to buy.

16. Power_T16

Power_T16 Chieftain

Lol no.

17. XXROCKYTOPXX

XXROCKYTOPXX Chieftain

I grew up in Brentwood, have plenty of family, friends, etc. that are still there. Pretty sure they have souls...or at least some do. I can tell you first hand there was a working middle class there while I was there.

ole_orange and justingroves like this.
  18. Unimane

The city is soulless, not the people. And, it's not a working class town, by any means, even if there are people of working class level within city limits.

Brentwood also appears to be the most sensitive city in all of Tennessee, as well.

19. chavisut

Working class and working middle class are very different things. I doubt there are many people making $16.50 an hour at a factory living in Brentwood.

20. XXROCKYTOPXX

XXROCKYTOPXX Chieftain

I haven't lived there in 20 years so outside of my family and friends don't really know. The area itself probably lacks "soul" because it's newer. Hell, you could drive 5 min's in any direction and hit farmland when I was there.