Thoughts

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by CardinalVol, Dec 30, 2021.

1. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

The tire iron suggestion keeps coming up and is a good one

Savage Orange likes this.
  2. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Hooker’s game is ridiculously similar to Dobbs’s

3. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Dobbs was a better passer when on the move. Hooker isn't a good passer out of the pocket, but better in the pocket

4. Ssmiff

[uck fay] em all

Attached Files:

5. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Yeah I guess that’s right. Hooker is better than Dobbs in the pocket. I wonder how much of that is coaching.

Very similar runners. Similar arm strength

6. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

Dobbs could never throw a deep ball but he could run like nobody's business. Hooker runs like he's put the wrong shoes on the wrong feet. He does a good enough job though.

Memtownvol and OneForVol like this.
  7. Savage Orange

Savage Orange I need ammunition, not a ride. -V Zelensky.

Jauan Jennings would like a word with you…

8. Ssmiff

Ha. He does run like he's got his Sunday shoes on the wrong feet

9. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

Josh Malone would as well

10. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

There’s so much evidence that the refs completely botched the game. They should be out of jobs.

11. Ssmiff

I also rewatched the 2 pass plays where Hooker went deep on the last drive and still don't understand why people find fault with it. We had an rb short and open and slot wr in the middle of the field covered on both plays and no safety help oitside as we beat the db from the snap. We want a qb to not go for that pass to win? Not me. If our wr beats a db by 5 yards throw it to him everytime

Tar Volon, OneForVol and PilotFlyingJ like this.
  12. IP

IP Super Moderator

And they could have just called a penalty or something anyway had we done something else.

PilotFlyingJ likes this.
  13. docholiday

docholiday Contributor

Both shots were there. Tillman was violated on the last pass.

14. IP

IP Super Moderator

So where is the rule saying this is not reviewable by replay again? Looks like in plain English, it IS REVIEWABLE AND THE OFFICIAL'S [uck fay]ED UP JUDGEMENT IS IRRELEVANT TO THE REVIEW.

15. IP

IP Super Moderator

Also, for anyone saying the runner was being pulled, if that had been called a penalty then the down would be replayed... and also it wasn't called so if it is so clearly the case WHY wasn't it called? It's all bullshit.

16. KyleAlexanderfan

KyleAlexanderfan Well-Known Member

It was the correct read by Hooker (at least on 1 of the plays). But those plays should not have been called in that situation. Gash them in the intermediate middle. We had timeouts and Hooker had been missing deep badly ever since the 1st quarter.

17. KyleAlexanderfan

Yeah I saw some bullshit from people trying to say the play would be called dead at the spot the penalty occurred but that's not true. It would be a touchdown and they would be forced to accept the penalty and replay the down.

18. KyleAlexanderfan

Dobbs was an elite runner and way more physical. Hooker wasn't a big threat today with his legs.

19. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

My understanding of that rull is that forward progress is reviewable up until forward progress is called. But once it's called the play ends. It's bullshit and dump but that's my understanding.

20. IP

IP Super Moderator

And what indicates it was called and when? If it is just the recollection of the field official then what is being reviewed? Nothing?

Daddy Gee likes this.