21-22 Season

Discussion in 'Keith Hatfield Memorial Vols Hoops' started by CardinalVol, May 21, 2021.

1. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Yeah idk. Like I said I pretty much discount that possibility anyway if it did exist

2. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

I don't buy this as much. Other teams and coaches can do it with much more consistency than Barnes ever has.

Daddy Gee likes this.
  3. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Buy what, it doesn't take a fortunate late bounce or two in a game or two on the way? Agree to disagree.

4. HCKevinSteele

HCKevinSteele Well-Known Member

I don’t think they wanted him to play PG they just didn’t have a choice at the time. The rumors on the concussion thing and getting KO’d (some say by a teammate) are so all over the place I wasn’t even gonna comment.

5. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Sometimes it takes good fortune, but tournament games aren't coin flips dependent on good bounces, for the most part. A game here and there you lose in the tournament, yes, I'll buy bad luck. But, a pattern of underachieving? That's not anything to do with luck.

Also, you don't have to hire a Mark Few, just a good coach out there. Alabama did. Chris Beard was out there recently and so on.

A-Smith and lylsmorr like this.
  6. KyleAlexanderfan

KyleAlexanderfan Well-Known Member

In addition - as mediocre as TN has been throughout their history - they are still a top 3-4 job and have about as much success in terms of wins/conference titles as anyone not named Kentucky/Arkansas.

7. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

I like Barnes.

He’s a good coach that will always leave some on the table. He will always represent the university well and have a decent team but doesn’t have the answer to get over the hump in his career to be great.

8. SGMVols

SGMVols Contributor

Well, Florida has 5 final fours and two natties.

9. docholiday

docholiday Contributor

Concur.

10. KyleAlexanderfan

Yeah they do. Billy Donovan isn't coming back any time soon. And they did nothing before him and seem content with doing nothing after him.

11. SGMVols

SGMVols Contributor

Their first final four was under Lon Kruger.

Indy likes this.
  12. Poppa T

Poppa T Vol Geezer

Yeah.

I was not impressed with him publically throwing Fulkerson under the bus. It was bush league and poor form.

Leadership 101 - Never publicly appraise your employees (players).

If you can't motivate in a non-public setting then you have issues, not the player.

Daddy Gee, lylsmorr and SetVol13 like this.
  13. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Agree. That didn't sit right with me

Savage Orange and Poppa T like this.
  14. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Yeah that was harsh. It’s obvious to me that the guy has about half a tank. It might be a conversation worth having with him in private but that guy’s given a ton and didn’t deserve that

A-Smith, Daddy Gee and Poppa T like this.
  15. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

I still think it's funny that people were saying this team is "terrible" during our last game. We didn't even fall out of the top 25. Hell, even Alabama is still ranked.

And with that said, we better not lose tonight.

16. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Thinking about skipping game thread. It can be worse than VN at times.
    We are 3rd according to kenpom in def efficiency. Top 15 in turnover margin, steals, assists, assist/to margin and lead sec in fewest turnovers. All 4 losses to top 25 and all on the road. D1 players get scholarships to make open shots and fts, so make them.

17. IP

IP Super Moderator

I skipped it last week for the most part and it made it all less miserable.

Ssmiff likes this.
  18. KyleAlexanderfan

Please do.

19. dknash

dknash Chieftain

Only JJJ shots tonight, boys

20. dknash

dknash Chieftain

Someone please defend our playing rotation and offense

21. KyleAlexanderfan