POLITICS Hillary 24!

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by CardinalVol, Jan 12, 2022.

1. IP

IP Super Moderator

Yep. We let Haiti fight off the Spanish and the French because we didn't want to risk our slaves getting any ideas about freedom. Look it up. That was a founding father's direct words.

Hell, let's look at the rhetoric on voting rights right now. How many dipshits shout "but we are not a democracy!" without understanding that the root of both words "democracy" and "republic" are identical, and what they are talking about is a perversion of representational democracy to make it less representative. What was the rallying cry of the Revolution? No taxation without representation?

Spare me any talk of constitution not being followed.

2. IP

IP Super Moderator

I'm grateful to be an American because it allows me to speak truths, even when some don't want to hear it.

3. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

Yea it's not like we sent thousands of our boys across an ocean just 80 years ago to die in an effort to free France/Europe from being enslaved by a genocidal fascist dictator.

4. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

Self preservation is not gallantry.

5. IP

IP Super Moderator

That's why we waited until 1942 when the war had begun in 1939? And Pearl Harbor was a coincidence?

6. fl0at_

It's fine to say you are grateful to be living in a diverse society. Like France, or England or Canada. Or even the US.

All of those things. It doesn't need to be specific. Stopping at society is good enough.

7. IP

IP Super Moderator

Japan literally enslaving people for a decade, but suddenly in December, 1941, we decided to get into the liberation business out of principle.

8. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

Yea how dare America try to preserve themselves and the rest of Europe from an Aryan dictatorship enslaving the continent. Such a shameful perspective of history.

9. fl0at_

But why do you need to qualify it with American? I'm grateful to be in a western country.

Any [uck fay]ing one will do.

10. fl0at_

Self preservation is not gallantry.

11. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

But I'm specifically...you know...talking about America

12. fl0at_

Right. Why?

13. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

Why tf not? I'm grateful to be in a western country, specifically America.

14. fl0at_

Why specifically America? What does America provide that you cannot get in another country?

15. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

Because I'm American and proud of how the country has created the most culturally, racially, and religiously diverse society in human history? Just like I'm proud of my home state of Tennessee and the contributions of Tennesseans before me that made our state world renown for things like music and whiskey? Feels like I'm taking crazy pills for even having to explain this sentiment.

16. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

It's not an either/or predicament. All I've said is that compared to most humans who ever lived under any society anywhere on the globe we have it good, and for that I'm thankful. This is just not a controversial or offensive sentiment to hold in anyway.

17. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

Because selling a vast country like the United States in an era when the world was still unconnected and reeling from the Great Depression that they must send their boys to fight and die in another European War is a hard sell at first? Are you saying you would have been writing editorials to your local newspaper in 1939 advocating that your sons and the sons of your neighbors should immediately be shipped off to Europe to fight the German Army immediately after Poland was invaded? I really doubt it.

And are you saying Pearl Harbor was a false flag conjured up to convince Americans the need for war? Or that Pearl Harbor was a brutal attack on our entire Navy fleet in the Pacific by the Japanese empire and our government using it as a way to propagandize the need for war was bad?

Last edited: Jan 14, 2022
  18. fl0at_

How are we more culturally, racially or religiously diverse than other western counties? What race, culture or religion exists in America that doesn't exist in other countries?

19. fl0at_

If all you had said was: "compared to most humans who ever lived under any society anywhere on the globe we have it good, and for that I'm thankful." I would not have responded.

That you think that quoted part is the same as what you did say is interesting.

20. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

My original quote that you grabbed from me that you took offense to: We take for granted that we have the privilege of living amongst neighbors with ancestral roots from every corner of the Earth. We are one of the few humans in all of history that did not have to live life under a monarchy or dictatorship. It's pretty damn awesome

Everything I said was beyond perfectly reasonable. What specifically in my original quote do you find so reprehensible? Your way of interpreting things for the sake arguing is far more interesting than me, an American living in 2021, expressing my appreciation for living in a country that offers us freedom from living under monarchs and dictators as most humans to have ever existed, both presently and historically(especially pre-1776). The idea that you equated that as some kind of chest beating "America is better than literally everyone else" truly boggles the brain.

How you mystifyingly went off on a tangent projecting your personal hatred of nationalism onto me over my appreciation for what this country has transformed into over the centuries is something you must work out yourself.