POLITICS Hillary 24!

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by CardinalVol, Jan 12, 2022.

1. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

Leftist throwing out buzzwords like “arrogance” and “trouble with ideas”. Hysterical

Savage Orange likes this.
  2. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Right winger projecting. How cliched.

3. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

Hey we can’t all be enlightened left wing boot lickers such as yourself.

4. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Proud of America = nationalism to a lot of people

5. Unimane

Critical of America = "America sucks" to a lot of people.

6. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Americans are arrogant because we're better than the rest of the world. We've gotten fat and lazy and are inventing reasons to be pissed now at ourselves now

7. Unimane

Boot licker? Of what? What are you talking about?

I think you get so breathlessly worked up in your own silly raging answers, your emotional responses don't make the sense you think they do.

8. justingroves

justingroves supermod

There's some legitimate criticisms but a lot are just whiny ass holes that don't know what real poverty, real racism, real religious persecution is.

This country is pretty damn good for 99% of the population regardless of skin color, religious beliefs or sexual attractions. We just like to [itch bay] because we didn't suffer for change like people before us

Savage Orange, Indy and ole_orange like this.
  9. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

Yup. It's wild, perplexing and disheartening all at the same time. I know I'm younger compared to literally everyone here, but as someone raised in the 9/11 era I never thought that one day Americans would be attempting to lecture other Americans on why their personal pride in America is actually problematic. Tis the time we live in though. However others being allowed to express their disdain and contempt for America and its Constitution without any repercussions is one of those things that makes America the exceptional country it is.

10. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

Darn, yea I'm not making sense how I think I am. Now I know how you must feel whenever you are attempting to make a point outside of UT athletics.

11. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

This country has spoiled us all rotten.

12. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Now we can argue over sex, gender and pronouns

13. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

Woah now, easy, gender isn't even a real concept. It's a fluid feeling. Get with the times.

14. justingroves

justingroves supermod

What bathroom are you using?

15. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

They made mine at work into a “family” one

16. Unimane

"Better" is always relative. We've always been fat and lazy in our assessment of ourselves, one of our most enduring national traits, an overriding almost excessively grand perception of our greatness. The reality is far more complicated. People love to come to this country, but almost half of immigrants still return to their home countries. And, when talking to people from other countries, the idea of what constitutes "better" varies greatly. I had always assumed, when younger, the US was clearly better than any place else and was surprised when I didn't often get the reciprocal response. I learned the stuff I valued as "better" wasn't necessarily the same stuff others valued as such.

I'm more than happy to be American and live here, though. I just find it silly when confronted with the American exceptionalism arguments and the responding "you hate America" charge when challenging that attitude. It's dumb and, ironically the people shouting it are often the same ones who dislike America as it currently and in reality is while pining for some fictionalized version of America from the past.

17. Unimane

And, herein lies the point many people are making towards you which you don't seem to understand. Expressing "disdain and contempt" for America and its Constitution, or your resident country and its institutions, isn't something inherently unique to us. You are assuming people hate America or something, but the actual point is eluding you in your thinking this makes us "exceptional". It doesn't. You can, literally, do those things in a number of places, which makes it not an exceptional thing, but common amongst a whole collection of nations, which is why someone like Float is saying he would be fine living here or any number of places who hold those shared traits.

18. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

Depends on how I feel on a given particular day really. Since male/female bathrooms are harmful, antiquated concepts I do my damndest to make sure I only use gender neutral bathrooms because I don't like it when people feel uncomfortable. Unfortunately living in a backwards ass state like Tennessee that is run by idiotic American pride loving Republicans often forces me to actually have to select my assigned gender at birth bathroom. Our state will get with the times soon enough hopefully and ensure that all public spaces have gender neutral bathrooms.

19. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

Are you also appreciative of other societies, and their legal systems, that have advanced faster in areas than our own? Would you be as content and as proud as being in another country, right now, even if not being born there? If so, then I have pegged you and your statement, wrongly. But if not, don't argue that I've pegged you wrong.

So, would you be happy to be in France, from now until the end of your days?

20. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

In what way are we better than the rest of the world?