POLITICS The Biden Presidency

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by emainvol, Jan 20, 2021.

1. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

Somebody has no business speaking off the cuff. What is a minor incursion of Russia into the Ukraine?

Is a minor incursion like a minor rape or a minor murder?

2. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

Which state has less suppression?

State A: 1) Voting by mail open to everyone. 2) Early voting period 10 days. 3) Voting on same day at 250 polling places
    State B: 1) Voting by mail open only to specific people. 2) Early voting period 14 days. 3) Voting on same day at 250 polling places

3. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Sounds like a shitty job. Lots of jobs open right now could they get a different job or are they tied to your company?

4. fl0at_

And why is it that you think these things aren't being done, exactly? This idea that "burden is on [the person wanting change] to enact change" is so obvious, that stating it... well. Why would anyone actually state it, as you've just done?

5. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Why would it terrify them?

6. fl0at_

Oh, it's a terrible job, we have super high turnover. But no shortage of replacements willing to step in, not unlike every other terrible job with no qualifications other than be here and do this.

7. fl0at_

What percentage of the population doesn't vote? What would happen if that percentage suddenly did?

8. HCKevinSteele

HCKevinSteele Well-Known Member

It's asinine. You basically can't do anything in America without an ID. It's not an unreasonable standard and I find it difficult to take those arguing otherwise seriously.

ole_orange likes this.
  9. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

I have no idea, fill me in?

10. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

I do not know how much money Jen Psaki makes; it is not enough.

SetVol13, Indy and TennTradition like this.
  11. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

It's a terrible job and pretty much always has been. Takes a special person to do it. Imo

12. IP

IP Super Moderator

It would not be if the burden for an ID was on the government-- i.e. if they sent to you upon request at no charge, had ample opportunities to get it, etc. If the path to a photo ID is the DMV line or seeking a passport, that is not acceptable to require people to have one. Nowhere in the constitution does it mention ID being required.

13. IP

IP Super Moderator

They've occupied the Crimean peninsula for years, they already know we are not going to do much.

14. fl0at_

I have. You have. But to spell it out, people who are dependent on believing they know what's going to happen are terrified by the idea of the unknown. That many people voting is a big unknown.

15. fl0at_

With the exception of purchasing alcohol, which I don't have to do that often, I don't need my ID. I have an ID, but I'm not expected to present it on any regular basis. Not to buy groceries, goods or gasoline. I don't even have to present ID anymore to pick things up that I've pre-paid, I just show an email.

I cannot remember the last time I took my ID out of my wallet. So I find it difficult to take this idea that you can't do anything in America without an ID. I can live my entire life without using it, after having obtained the things I needed it for; which was, maybe bank account? Which means... it doesn't to be current anymore.

16. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

Being a press secretary for any POTUS is an unforgiving job. Having to spin everything in a way that always makes your administration seem like everything is working like a well oiled machine would be exhausting.

zehr27 likes this.
  17. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

How do we know those people will even vote?

18. fl0at_

We won't know. It's an unknown. It will remain an unknown until it is done, at which point, then it'll no longer be an unknown. Just like everything else that is an unknown.

19. HCKevinSteele

HCKevinSteele Well-Known Member

Oh ffs. Do you know how silly that sounds? I don’t need an ID except for the times when I need an ID. I’m glad you’ve been able to manage this feat, but 99% of people do things that require an active ID regularly enough that they can’t practically get through live without one.

20. fl0at_

If I logged my ID usages in the last... three years it would be for: 1. alcohol purchases, 2. the one time I flew, 3. Register a vehicle. That's it.

I suppose if I got stopped for speeding or something I'd need it, but I try not speed. I don't buy alcohol that often. And I hate flying.

What do you need an ID for, in a given month, do you think?