POLITICS The Biden Presidency

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by emainvol, Jan 20, 2021.

1. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Probably better to just leave it unknown to keep people from getting terrified.

2. HCKevinSteele

HCKevinSteele Well-Known Member

Well I’d say 95% of people need their ID more often than you. But even you needed your ID at least a couple times per year the past 3 years. Do ID’s expire a couple months after issuance where you live or something?

3. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

you need an ID or every single one of us and everyone we know wouldn't have one. This debate remains silly.

4. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

No, they're good for 4-5 years I think. But I don't know when my expires, or even if it has. The only time I need one is when doing something with the government. I have, before, tried to purchase a gun and found out my ID was expired. And so I had to go renew it, so I could buy said gun.

I have run through an expiration once or twice.

5. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

IDs are not easily accessible

6. fl0at_

Only politicians need be terrified.

7. fl0at_

This entire argument can be summed up as the following. You are fine if some have to sacrifice more than others. You think the world is working perfectly when some have to sacrifice more. I don't.

8. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

You are not a very responsible person. You should mark on a calendar a few weeks before your license expires so you will always remember.

9. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Politicians are people too.

10. fl0at_

Why? I have very little need for an ID. Hell, if it gets me out of a family vacation, because I can't fly, even better.

11. fl0at_

Not when they are politicians. When they are politicians, they are government. And government is not people.

12. HCKevinSteele

No judgement from me, you do you, don’t think you’ll ever be inconvenienced that badly by your ID expiring, other than not being able to do some things. But I’m a little unclear, is there a point somewhere in there regarding ID’s and voting?

13. HCKevinSteele

This isn’t true at all. You drive a car regularly, do you not? You also buy alcohol. And maybe a gun once in a blue moon. And occasionally for other reasons. So uh, yeah, you definitely need an ID.

14. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Definition of a politician.

a person who is professionally involved in politics, especially as a holder of or a candidate for an elected office.

15. fl0at_

I drive. But often without my wallet, or my phone. I also drive slow enough to drive Miss Daisy, so short of being struck by another vehicle, or a stroke, I'm odds are I'm not going to need my ID. And if I do, and it's expired, I'll pay the fine. What are they going to do, revoke my expired license? Of course not, they're just going to fine me.

Where I buy alcohol, the still in their 20s college age girls that work the counter care more about whether I have a rewards card, than an ID. Not true of everywhere, I know, because state law says they're supposed to ask... but they don't always.

So as long I don't do the two things that I know I absolutely have to have an ID for: 1) buy a gun, 2) fly... I don't find an ID necessary. When I do those two things, I need an ID. Sometimes I have one.

16. fl0at_

That if I, an educated, working adult, could get by without an ID, so could others. And I can, so long as I don't need a gun or to fly. And there are plenty of people that don't need to do either. And some that do way more than they should.

17. fl0at_

A little terror would do them some good, then.

18. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Attached Files:

ole_orange likes this.
  19. fl0at_

It's very telling the people who support this that think it's about ability to acquire IDs. It's almost like, you all think there is something to it. It's not about acquiring IDs, its about the necessity of it, it not being supported as any requirement under the Constitution, of the US or any State, and that it is a barrier that is unnecessarily imposed, because the "good" it does is slim to none.

You know the saying "A lock only keeps honest people honest." An ID only keeps honest people honest. This is no different. We put the lock on because it makes us feel good. But we know that [uck fay]er can get cut. We don't need to feel good here, because its not necessary. Locks are sometimes necessary.

20. IP

IP Super Moderator

If they engaged their god-given intellect for a moment, they would realize that if ID prevented fraudulent votes, then places without ID requirements must have lots of fraudulent votes. Where are they? Where are the multiple votes from one person, how does one vote in a precinct where they are not on the roll and not recorded? Where is any shred of physical evidence of there being a massive voter fraud problem?

It doesn't exist. This is all made up. It seems perfectly reasonable if you just accept the premise that IDs prevent fraud. But then where is the fraud that is not being prevented when it is not required? How does one "show ID" on a mail-in ballot in states like Utah?

People don't know how the system is set up, don't know how it works, and just fill in the blanks or accept what they are told.