POLITICS The Biden Presidency

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by emainvol, Jan 20, 2021.

1. HCKevinSteele

HCKevinSteele Well-Known Member

This is so dumb. And you were onto Ole Orange for allegedly trolling.

2. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

It's the Babylon bee. Lighten up francises.

3. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

How is this dumb? What good is done from an ID, and what bad is prevented?

You've seem to take this position that since you need an ID for some things, that you need an ID for this thing. But there is a reason why you need an ID for those things.

What's the reason you need an ID to vote? To prevent fraud, right? How much fraud is there, in places with no ID requirements?

If you want me to believe it's necessary, give me the numbers. Otherwise, your position is dumb, because it's just based on feelings.

4. fl0at_

It is, but you agree with it, don't you?

5. Ssmiff

I think it's funny as I do many things and it appeared on my page just as these discussions have taken place, which is also weird.

6. fl0at_

It's not weird. It's marketing.

IP likes this.
  7. Ssmiff

I havent had this discussion or debate with anyone about ID'S except here so it is weird to me it pops up the day after I do with that headline and the images of you and IP in amazement that the guy found the time and $15 to get it.

8. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

The internet, how does it work?

IP likes this.
  9. fl0at_

It's not weird. It's marketing. This site is a google ads site, with google crawlers, and cookies and all the other little web goodies that go into your little marketing portfolio that tons of other web companies then use to market products to you. It isn't weird. It's marketing.

What you see and do here is, and elsewhere, is marketed to you here, and elsewhere, based on your browsing choices. One of which was here, and this, specifically. This is the digital age. What you do is tracked. It isn't weird. It's marketing.

10. IP

IP Super Moderator

People most influenced by the internet don't understand how it influences them.

11. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

What does the Constitution say about the right to vote? Are there other hurdles in place currently that aren't listed in the Constitution? Or is requiring ID the first and only one?

12. Ssmiff

Somebody posted the Babylon bee thing on Facebook and I screenshot it.
    So it had nothing to do with discussions on this site.
    People most influenced by their own arrogance often don't understand how wrong they are.

13. fl0at_

It doesn't say you you can't require that everyone have a carrot in hand. But having a carrot in hand would be a dumb requirement, even if it were allowed.

Putting in place law that "seems" like it does good is ok, until it is shown that it isn't anymore, and then it should be advocated for removal. We see this with all kinds of law, for tons of reasons. And inevitable, everyone is like "Well, we thought this... but it turns out... not." This is one of those things "seems" where we have actual data that shows that the problem its supposed to address is so small, that it's another pointless thing, made worse in that its done manually by people.

From a process standpoint, when you have something being done that is pointless, eliminate it, and achieve higher throughput.

14. fl0at_

Think of the web... as a web. Of inter and intra connected nodes. The person that got this ad could have gotten it because of their connection to you, and your connection to this site, Francis.

15. Ssmiff

Don't call me Francis.

16. fl0at_

Fine, Francine.

17. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

The internet, how does it work?

18. IP

IP Super Moderator

Some dude named Francis might be reading this thread, like "WTF man?"

19. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Facebook is probably going to send me the most recent posts from my friends named Francis now.

Thanks float.

20. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

The Bee used to bat about .900 on the funny rate when it was a mix of stuff. Now it's just the same 3-5 jokes over and over again making fun of liberals.