POLITICS Random Political/Legal

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by fl0at_, Jun 7, 2021.

1. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

Dude, this isn’t hard. To have a gender you must have a ding dong or a hoo-hoo

Unless you have both, then you don’t count at all

2. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

So gender and sex are the same thing, and only mammals have a gender/sex?

You have really jumped completely off the biology wagon here, chief

3. Poppa T

Poppa T Vol Geezer

"I don't often get triggered, but when I do, it is after watching Dr. Phil on the interwebz."

4. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

As long as I'm not on your wagon that embraces the delusions of the pronoun brigade, I'll be ok.

5. IP

IP Super Moderator

What feelings on gender do you think I have? For me, it is simply a matter of external observation of my fellow humans. It is listening to how people talk about "manhood," "womanhood," and anything in between. If it were just about sex, nobody externally presenting and IDENTIFYING as a man while being born genetically male would ever bother talking about "acting like a man", etc. That wouldn't make any sense, unless it was a social/cultural norm. Terms like "emasculating" would refer only to castration. But it doesn't. So where is the emotion in that observation? I think this is an example of logic directly confronting a delusion that some are attempting to foist upon society.

6. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

Help, everyone, I’ve been rhetorically murdered

7. IP

IP Super Moderator

Wait, are pronouns biology now? Ever take Spanish?

8. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

clearly!

9. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

Wait til they find out that language is a social construct

Edit: didn’t want to [uck fay] up and assume gender

10. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

Spanish is a very transphobic language. Might be too much for you. Every noun is assigned a binary gender!

11. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

So bananas are dudes then?

12. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

Dudes are a social construct, silly. You just enlightened me as such.

13. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

In the Spanish language, if you saw a female holding a male, you would use the masculine form of the plural, thus saying women are men, by your concept that this is "gender."

IP likes this.
  14. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

Well, I mean, yeah “dudes” is most definitely a social construct

15. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

In Spanish saying "he is strong" translates to "ello es fuerte". But if that person identifies as non-binary and proclaims that you must refer to him as 'they', you would have to completely change the sentence to "ustedes son fuerte" which makes no sense in a language like Spanish. Such a transphobic language.

16. IP

IP Super Moderator

Well, that isn't true. In some languages, the masculine/feminine is not understood to be an assigning of penises and vaginas to objects or actions. In fact, some languages have four genders. It develops as a way of preventing ambiguity in a statement. Nothing transphobic about it, unless you think genders are biological laws etched in binary chromosomal pairs. But you'd have to be pretty ignorant of biology to think that.

17. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

I'll bask in my ignorance then. Human males can become human females. Human females can become human males. Humans have the same biological realities as bananas and flowers, therefore our understanding of gender is based on feelings that are fluid. Teach children that abiding by the pronouns of someone with gender dysphoria is an important virtue that must be fully embraced. I could not be more happy to hold a differing perspective than IP, Float and Emain on this particular topic.

18. fl0at_

You're projecting your beliefs on language now. Languages aren't any kind of phobic, only their users. It doesn't make "sense" to use "they" when discussing a single individual, it's done because language can allow it, and people are capable of it, so why not. The royal "we" when discussing oneself isn't monophobia. It's just using language.

You can drop the formality in your Spanish, and just use "es ..." or "son ...," and I don't think you used the proper plural, but my Spanish is rusty. But that doesn't make the language monophobic either, simply because you stuck with the singular.

19. fl0at_

Excellent, then we're done here, as we all now agree.

20. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

People are perfectly capable of rejecting and mocking a small minority attempting to change the function of language as well based on males who believe they are now females and females believing that they are males. I can say and believe I'm 7 feet tall and demand that everyone around me affirm myself being 7 feet tall, but that doesn't mean I'm literally 7 feet tall.