The Never-ending College basketball season thread

Discussion in 'Sports' started by bostonvol, Nov 7, 2019.

1. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

I think he’s decent but it’s hard to explain making 0 tournaments outside of that one

2. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Career .589 record. Final fours are impressive but do you consider Richard Williams a good HC because he took Mississippi St to a final 4? I think he is a good teacher but not a very good HC. He is extremely respected in his profession and a likeable guy but as a HC I'm not impressed. I said earlier this year I couldn't believe how much time that final 4 bought him as his teams have looked awful. He will likely get another shot and could change my mind but as of now I'm not impressed and haven't been for awhile.

InVolNerable likes this.
  3. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

I think he is a great coach and not a good recruiter

4. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Hell Eddie Fogler made it to 2 tournaments while he was there. Uscjr is not known for hiring great coaches. I think they could have a decent program but they don't put in much effort. I wouldn't be surprised if they ended up with Tom Crean.

5. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

You have to be good at both or it's hard to be great. Or know how to hire good recruiters which a great HC does.

6. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

X's and O's wise I mean

zehr27 likes this.
  7. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Definitely think he has that. I just don't think he has the whole package to make him a great HC.

8. JohnnyQuickkick

Maybe he can slide up here and take Schwartzie’s spot

9. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

That would work

justingroves likes this.
  10. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

Another great article put out earlier today by the The Athletic. It’s about the 1996-1997 Kansas Jayhawks, who entered the NCAA tournament as overwhelming favorites with a record of 32-1. Their only loss that year was by two points in double overtime on the road against arch rival Missouri. They lost by three in the Sweet 16 to eventual national champ Arizona.

11. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Florida offering Grant and him likely turning them down is too funny.

justingroves likes this.
  12. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Anthony Grant?

13. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Yes

14. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Why the women's game should have stayed 32 teams.

UConn is beating #15 seed 74-28.

Wtf?

10SEvols likes this.
  15. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

It’s always been like this.

16. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

At least they had the courtesy to run in parallel with the men's tournament so someone doesn't accidentally turn it on during a weekday afternoon.

17. JohnnyQuickkick

The score of that game at the time they did that moment of silence that everyone was talking about was like 40-4 or something

18. NashVol11

NashVol11 Well-Known Member

If he had an Elite Eight and a Final Four at two different schools (equaling or bettering the best finish in the last 50 years for each one) I would

IP likes this.
  19. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Is Bruce Weber a better coach than him?

20. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

Sean Miller going back to Xavier.