2022 NCAA Tournament Thread

Discussion in 'Keith Hatfield Memorial Vols Hoops' started by CardinalVol, Mar 17, 2022.

1. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

I'd rather he not be subjected to another first weekend exit

2. Poppa T

Poppa T Vol Geezer

Michigan shut Vescovi down. Our players missed the shots. WE lost.

But hey, you do you.

TennTradition likes this.
  3. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Michigan a lot better than their seed/record it seems

4. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

I will enjoy the SEC tournament win. It was a good season. This tournament could've made it a great one, but, once again, we fail to rise to the moment.

This is so Rick Barnes era stuff today, do well enough to get you excited about the possibilities and then has you come crashing down short of the potential. I can't believe I thought this year might be different.

5. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Barnes gonna threaten to go to Florida so we can give him another undeserved raise.

6. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

People like to [itch bay] about Barnes because it makes them feel cool. I've just accepted this fact.

Tar Volon likes this.
  7. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Game plan? What should we have done besides making open 3s. Cant wait to hear.

8. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

I didn't see many well schemed shots on offense, to counter your point.

9. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

Michigan was a super talented team that never figured it out. They were preseason top five for a reason. They have some fantastic wins. And they had a great game plan and we missed the shots that would’ve ended it. IIRC Zeigler had a couple open corner threes when we were up six. Hit either of those and we’re up nine and probably win.

10. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

You act like every 3 was open. There weren't that many. Michigan focused on shadowing Vescovi every step he took and UT didn't adjust.

11. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

He earns it with his March resume.

12. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

It’s just an easy [uck fay]ing thing to do

13. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Jesus. Somebody find this guy the tape of Zeigler in the corner, not a soul within 8 feet of him, 2 possessions in a row.

And people say I don’t watch the games.

LawVol16 likes this.
  14. SGMVols

SGMVols Contributor

There are two sports that win championships here. Football and women’s basketball. I accepted a long time ago that men’s basketball is a fun hobby on its best day.

15. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

We had half a dozen wide open corner 3s in the second half and missed them all.

Indy likes this.
  16. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Also because he sucks in March.

17. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

The thing that sucks is that I haven’t seen us look this good going into the tournament before. If we’re running down, [itch bay] at the coach, expect the loss, whatever. If we’re firing on all cylinders…just brutal to lose it all on one game. And that’s how the tournament goes and it’s just heartbreaking to know that these chances are rare. Chandler’s draft stock has fallen but I still can’t imagine him coming back. We’re not going to have this team together again. We have to try to build it again. And that’s really hard.

18. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

This is when I dont understand when the 8th decides to ban or not ban trolls.

Indy likes this.
  19. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

You'd have been banned again long ago if we were strict on it.

KyleAlexanderfan and MaconVol like this.
  20. KyleAlexanderfan

KyleAlexanderfan Well-Known Member

We got out coached, plain and simple.