2022 NCAA Tournament Thread

Discussion in 'Keith Hatfield Memorial Vols Hoops' started by CardinalVol, Mar 17, 2022.

1. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

It's just another tick against Rick. At some point, his history shows who he is in March.

2. atlvol1

atlvol1 Member

Yeah it felt like he'd been guarded so well that our ballhandlers gave up looking for him.

3. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Ok bro.

4. KyleAlexanderfan

KyleAlexanderfan Well-Known Member

Rick Barnes has made it out of the first weekend ONCE in his last 10 tournament trips.

5. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Barnes has made it past the second round exactly once in the last 15 years, despite having rosters with NBA players on them for years. When, exactly, are we allowed to wonder if it's something to do with him? I mean, is the dude super unlucky?

I mean, fine, it was on the players today. Again. It's not Barnes' fault. Again.

Whatever. This one was killer. I feel like I did in January with the Packers after the table for success was perfectly laid out and the result still didn't change, losing well before the potential was achieved. Gutted with the realization it's never going to happen. Pure [dadgum] misery.

6. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

I was honestly surprised to see that he has a winning record in the second round over his career. Because man has he been in a funk.

7. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

I agree with you that it already had, long before this season even began. I’m not denying at all that Barnes has a history of not getting it done in March.

But two things can be true at once. Barnes can be bad in March but not be the reason we lost this game in March.

8. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

I’m as pissed as anybody but blaming Rick Barnes for tonight takes zero [uck fay]ing brain cells. But if it makes you feel better have at it

9. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

You look at one game, it may seem like a fluke. You look at the pattern, it's Barnes.

10. KyleAlexanderfan

KyleAlexanderfan Well-Known Member

Maybe don’t let Dickinson go for 30?

11. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

If it makes you feel better to carry his water, go for it.

KyleAlexanderfan likes this.
  12. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Hopefully the rest of the tournament is chaotic and entertaining.

13. Savage Orange

Savage Orange I need ammunition, not a ride. -V Zelensky.

Why do y’all keep doing this to yourselves?? You KNOW what Barnes is all about. Good and sometimes even great regular seasons with a complete choke job in the tourney. Every. Single. Season.

It’s why I don’t even bother to fill out brackets any more…

14. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

The worst part is Chandler deserved better. Played out of his mind today.

15. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

At least if I complain about an issue, I have a solution. You got nothing.

16. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

I’m not carrying anything. I’m just not an idiot

17. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

We went at him early to try to get him in foul trouble. The refs weren’t having it.

There’s only so much you can do to stop a guy like that with our roster.

18. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Ok bro. If that's what you call having a solution.

19. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Sure thing.

20. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

There are no post players on this roster than could match Diabate and big ugly.