2022 NCAA Tournament Thread

Discussion in 'Keith Hatfield Memorial Vols Hoops' started by CardinalVol, Mar 17, 2022.

1. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Good Lord man.

2. IP

IP Super Moderator

Don't let other fans tell you what has meaning. Everybody always talked about needing to win the conference tourney since I was a kid. We do it, and now I hear it doesn't mean anything? Nah. Expectations have grown. That's great. And this isn't nearly as big of a deal as Final Four, but it is not nothing and it is something we needed to get back to doing.

Indy and Tar Volon like this.
  3. IP

IP Super Moderator

How's your bracket look?

4. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

They have played Vermont and New Mexico st. Neither team as talented as Michigan, and are about to laugh their way home next week vs Gonzaga.
    Tell the players it was meaningless and fans who have been watching for 4 decades, and explain to them how a sweet 16 loss banner would be better. More brilliant analysis

5. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

I didn't care to look at that many matchups and make one.

6. IP

IP Super Moderator

If I thought there was something that it would help, I'd point at Barnes too. I just don't see how it will. Hire a new assistant. Get better.

7. KyleAlexanderfan

KyleAlexanderfan Well-Known Member

Yes, to Tennessee fans it’s meaningful this one time because we got the monkey off our back. But the NCAAT committee proved yet again it is a pointless tournament. I’d rather have a sweet 16 or regular season title for sure.

Tenacious D and InVolNerable like this.
  8. KyleAlexanderfan

They also went to the elite 8 last year in Muss’s 2nd year. You know the round we have only been to once in our programs history?

Tenacious D likes this.
  9. IP

IP Super Moderator

My point is that nobody ever gets it exactly right and most people's [uck fay]ing sucks. Because this doesn't go down like chalk and it is hard to predict. There is a degree of chaos in it-- MORE SO than a sport like football.

10. dknash

dknash Chieftain

Let's talk about how shitty it is to get a preseason top 5 team as your 10 seed. I'm not sure that's been brought up enough. Same applies for Gonzaga getting Memphis as an 8 or 9 or whatever they were, but they survived. Especially when you compare with Arkansas and Auburn's joke matchups so far.

Indy, Tenacious D and Tar Volon like this.
  11. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

1. It was a good season and Barnes is overall very good for UT basketball.

2. We aren’t ever winning big in March with him here. Ever.

12. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

You have to beat good teams in the tournament. That never changes. For some seeds it comes sooner rather than later.

VOLinDAWGland likes this.
  13. IP

IP Super Moderator

Sweet 16 or better is the standard for sure. And so should winning the conference tournament every few years.

Tenacious D likes this.
  14. Ssmiff

Did you turn into a 15 year old this weekend or just drink too many high noon.
    What you say above is a lie, spouted off to try to boost your argument and try to insult.
    Houston, Green, O'Neil, Buzz, Cuonzo...none had my support. Pearl and Barnes did and do, because I'm entertained and we've won a lot of games. Suckit

Tenacious D likes this.
  15. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

And yet there isn't that much randomness in our results in the NCAAT under Barnes.

16. SGMVols

SGMVols Contributor

Pearl is going to lose in the 32 with the closest thing Auburn will ever have to Kevin Durant. March choker!

17. Ssmiff

Meanwhile auburn 4/22 from 3 and going down. Maybe the loudest and most uneducated fans want to run Bruce out and we can get him back.

18. KyleAlexanderfan

Auburn has shot like shit all year.

19. IP

IP Super Moderator

It took more trips to the SEC tournament to finally make the run for Barnes.

I'm not excusing anything and am not saying Barnes' March performance is acceptable. Never is a long time, and folks keep throwing that around.

20. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Good.