2022 NCAA Tournament Thread

Discussion in 'Keith Hatfield Memorial Vols Hoops' started by CardinalVol, Mar 17, 2022.

1. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Nah, he's in a good spot for him.

2. KyleAlexanderfan

KyleAlexanderfan Well-Known Member

Auburn was picked around 5th or 6th this year and fringe top 25. They overachieved.

3. dknash

dknash Chieftain

And then some seeds get shit on because it fits the narrative. Selection committee [uck fay]ed us a little more than it seemed at the time, because in hindsight, Michigan was obviously a land mine.

An aside, I can't stand teams with obvious talent that [uck fay] around for the entire year and decide to show up a couple times.

Indy likes this.
  4. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

All depends on the roster too. Guard heavy, and elite guards on the roster this year. Very shit collection of post players. Barnes could put it all together, but history says it ain't gonna happen. Is Tristan Thompson the best post player he's ever put out? I can't think of any good big men he's had.

5. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

This is why I’m not quite as fatalistic about Barnes in March. He’s had some very clear issues, but a couple breaks go your way and you can make a run.

(Also does our Elite Eight team even make the second round if Melvin Goins doesn’t hit a big three to put it away?)

6. SGMVols

SGMVols Contributor

Lamarcus Aldridge was pretty good, imo jmo

Indy likes this.
  7. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Holding timeouts too long, overcosching by calling too many set plays, bad subs, not subbing for matchups, lack of oppoment prep, sloppy turnover prone play, staying in a zone too long, not doubling some players, doubling players you shouldn't, poor spacing, etc are areas where I'm critical of a coach. Seems like few of the ones on Barnes the last 12 hours can support their analysis with anything of substance related to practice prep or the actual game, which is frustrating as it's difficult to have discussions with people who prefer to just point a finger

8. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

Lol. Talk about being lazy.

I show up occasionally in them, because regular season Vols basketball is fun. I'm sorry I don't make it point to show up in every single message board game thread, but honestly I'd rather hang out and watch the games with my kids than have to read the absolute idiocy that you write 99% of the time.

And I have no agenda. Calling a loser coach a loser is just calling a spade a spade. There is nothing out there that can point to Barnes not being a loser when it matters most. I'm sorry that hurts your delicate nature; I understand snowflakes don't do well out of their element, so seeing a UT coach get validly criticized for being a choke-artist extraordinaire eats you up inside. And knowing the kind of person you are, it makes total sense that that's how you'd react. But if you can't face the facts when they're put right in front of your face, that doesn't make you a true fan. It makes you an imbecile.

Tenacious D likes this.
  9. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Aldridge was a good one, I forgot he played at Texas

10. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

Tennessee fans: Vols should’ve been seeded ahead of Kentucky, Wisconsin, and Auburn

Lunardi: feeling pretty good about Tennessee losing

Lunardi: probably don’t need to watch Kentucky, Wisconsin, or Auburn

Indy likes this.
  11. KyleAlexanderfan

KyleAlexanderfan Well-Known Member

I remember when Butch Jones could do no wrong.

Tenacious D and InVolNerable like this.
  12. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

Dooley and Butch. Lol.

GSM.

13. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Pearl just got embarrassed

14. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Makes this weekend somewhat more bearable

VOLinDAWGland, Tenacious D and zehr27 like this.
  15. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

He has made a complete fool of himself this year. People are starting to see through his bullshit.

Tenacious D likes this.
  16. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

We beat ga and Florida. Didn't care who the coach was.

17. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

Barnes is a good coach and is still the best man for Tennessee at the moment. He has also consistently underperformed in March for most of his career. Both can be true. And both they are.

A-Smith, Tenacious D and InVolNerable like this.
  18. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

This. How he can’t turn what we now have and can offer into a single difference-making big man is a damning indictment of Barnes’ recruiting. What’s it been, 7 years now?

19. Tenacious D

So, not making it out of the opening weekend in 9 of his last 10 tourneys is…random chaos? And he was upset in each of those.

Let’s say that this weekend’s loss wasn’t his fault (it was) - how do you explain the other 8?

You can’t believe this.

20. Tenacious D

Then there’s only three cognizant and honest people in this thread, however belated or unwelcome their arrival.