2022 NCAA Tournament Thread

Discussion in 'Keith Hatfield Memorial Vols Hoops' started by CardinalVol, Mar 17, 2022.

1. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

Damned ol’ bad luck. Just the fate of the hoops gods hating on poor ol’ Rick Barnes.

2. Tenacious D

What team of consequence did he beat to win the SECT? I’m glad we won it, too, but you can’t honestly assert that it meant anything….less than a day removed from getting beaten in the AA tourney in the second round by an 11-seed.

3. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

I'm gonna roll with the thoughts of former UT players across all sports and current players as well as my own judgement on this topic. Literally 2 of you don't show up until the season is over, which is weak, but expected for the select few who hide when it's good and creep out when it's not

4. Tenacious D

Just a remarkable run of bad luck, Lyls.

Don’t you hear everyone saying that?

Just the luck of the draw. Can’t be helped or avoided.

5. Ssmiff

Yes I dont throw away a whole season and sec title over 1 disappointing game. Next time you are coaching and lose your last game again, make sure you remind your boys what they did in the season meant Jack shit and only the loss is to be remembered. Practice what you preach

6. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

At the end of the day, the guy making $6million a year to lead this team is at fault when they lose when it matters the most (or responsible for them winning. If that day ever comes Barnes, I'll give him his due).

Not sure why you have to be a sexist about it. I'm sure there are teenage girls who have the emotional and mental fortitude that would dwarf anyone on this board. They've probably have coaches who were able to help instill that in them. Projecting your elite-tier emotional instability and fragility is not a good look; you should see someone about that. It might make you a tolerable human being.

zehr27 and lylsmorr like this.
  7. Tenacious D

I like any post where one grown man accuses another grown man of being stupid and then ends with “suckit”.

zehr27, Daddy Gee, Indy and 1 other person like this.
  8. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

Kansas has zero excuse not to make the Final Four this year. Providence in the Sweet 16 and either Iowa State or Miami in the Elite 8.

KyleAlexanderfan likes this.
  9. Ssmiff

Since you said you know what type of person I am, you should know I don't give a shit if you give anybody any due credit. You came in swinging at me then get butthurt when I respond. The snowflake isn't the one who defends himself buddy. The snowflake is the one who picks a fight he can't finish.

10. InVolNerable

You're the type of person who takes legitimate, personal offense when a coach's ineptitude is pointed out. My swing was at Barnes' inability to produce any type decent showing in the main tournament of the year in the sport for which he's paid $6 million/year to coach. And he's been unable to do so in 35 years of coaching outside of one season. That you took that as a personal afront is an issue for you and your therapist to discuss. Maybe table it until you get your misogyny under control though.

And you're definitely the type of person who says they don't give a shit, but keeps a list of names in his back pocket.

11. dknash

dknash Chieftain

World Cup has the Group of Death. Kansas got the Region of Necrosis.

12. Ssmiff

Seems like a little different than your actual post which said, unprovoked, "I'm surprised you can see or hear the game at all with your head so far up Barnes ass".
    That was the personal affront, as was the ballsweat licking or whatever other fantasy you threw in. And I don't give a shit if you like or don't like Barnes or want him fired. Really don't. I've been trying to talk ball and it's been fine with all but you and kaf, so who is the real issue in this situation? Again, if you want to throw a barb or two out of nowhere I'm good with it, just don't cry about someone else being a defensive snowflake when you get a response. That's actual the thing about snowflakes, they want to run their mouths but don't want to deal with responses.

13. InVolNerable

Doing what a snowflake does best.

Melting.

14. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

Purdue with 46 free throw attempts compared to 12 for Texas. I haven’t watched enough of the game to comment of the quality of the officiating, but that’s a rather stark difference in number of attempts.

Indy likes this.
  15. Tenacious D

I’m not throwing the whole season away. I’ve said it was great winning the SECT.

I said that the part of the season that most matters ended in disappointedly abrupt, albeit unsurprising, fashion.

And that this, like all the rest, is Rick Barnes’ fault.

And I hinted that he’s being paid way too much for entirely too little reward, again, where it matters most.

And that Rick Barnes is not a child, but is instead a grown man with 30+ years of coaching experience making $5.2M/yr in base salary. As such, he should not only be able, but feel compelled to resolve the long-standing and glaringly obvious issues that continue to result in such routinely calamitous results.

And I don’t know if I’ve stated my belief that he hasn’t done so for reasons of pure laziness, or stubbornness, or simply for pure hubris - damned near vanity - but I’ve strongly inferred it.

InVolNerable likes this.
  16. KyleAlexanderfan

KyleAlexanderfan Well-Known Member

Refs just screwed TCU.

17. Poppa T

Poppa T Vol Geezer

The pages on this thread after we lost.

"Lord-a-mercy" he said with his inside voice as he took another sip of his brown liquor.

InVolNerable likes this.
  18. Poppa T

Poppa T Vol Geezer

I wonder which drives more site traffic?

1. Barnes winning 1st SECT since 1979?
    or
    2. Barnes losing another NCAA tourney?

My observation is that losing really sucks and seems to be quite the conversation piece.

I have no meaningful contribution to the blame conversation. So I will leave y'all to it.

Time for me to follow the Spring sports.

19. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Two words - Doug Shows

20. KyleAlexanderfan

KyleAlexanderfan Well-Known Member

Should’ve been 2 free throws to win in regulation. I can’t imagine the backlash if Az scored on that dunk.