Netflix Streaming Recommendations/TV Talk

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by Tenacious D, Aug 31, 2011.

1. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

It’s only been 2 episodes and there’s already a lot of cringey stuff.

The chase scene in the woods when Leia gets kidnapped. They let her run away, then can’t catch a 10 year old, then actively avoid catching her when they get close.

Reva’s Matrix-esque running across rooftops, back flipping for literally no reason.

The entire scene where Reva kills the grand inquisitor is just so ridiculous. “Oh no, he got away, how did that happen?”

Leia being smart enough to call out her cousin from a psycological standpoint and realize she was just bait for the guy saving her, but then not being smart enough to realize the guy who saved her from the bounty hunters is truly there to help her.

Reva reading the one dudes mind to find out what he knows about Obi-Wan despite not using the same tactic with Owen in the previous episode on Tatooine.

Obi-Wan stating multiple times that it’s been 10 years, then asking Leia how old she is.

Again, I’m enjoying it, but there’s so much dumb stuff that it’s hard not to notice it. My fiance made the comment that it seems like it’s made specifically for children who won’t notice a lot of that sort of stuff.

2. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

chase scenes are always kind of ridiculous.

Eh, dark jedi do dark jedi things

She didn’t kill him and the point of that, I think, is to show that she lets her emotions get in the way of accomplishing the task

Maybe she didn’t want to focus enough to do that with Owen while in a crowd of people

She’s a kid who just got kidnapped and the guy’s face just popped up on the galaxy’s equivalent of a wanted poster. Probably not too trusting at that point

He wasn’t really asking her how old she was. It was a joke because of how she was talking

Last edited: May 29, 2022
    NorrisAlan likes this.
  3. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Someone needs to watch Rebels.

4. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

Kenobi has been really good so far despite what Nick Wright and/or Shapiro apparently think.

5. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Wife and son watching stranger things 4. It seems to have gone more adult

6. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

I was very skeptical about Kenobi going in and I thought the first 2 were excellent.

I also finally got to 2017 and started Ozark tonight.

7. DownNDirty

DownNDirty Contributor

The new season of Stranger Things my be my favorite so far. Can't wait for those last two episodes in July

8. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

Wow, I just finished the first Stranger Things S4 episode. They definitely started that move more towards hard horror last season and then leaned straight into it this season and I’m here for it

9. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

Also I really enjoyed the first 2 eps of Obi Wan

10. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Yep. My wife is gonna have to do this one an Ep at a time lol

11. Volsdude

Volsdude Well-Known Member

1. Loving stranger things as well. Only through ep 2 so far

2. just finished better call Saul season 5 thinking it was the series finale haha glad to get another season that’s already rolling.

12. DownNDirty

DownNDirty Contributor

For those watching Stranger Things - episode 4 may be my favorite ST episode of all-time. It's phenomenal. And episode 6 is really, really good also. The whole season is great but episode 4 is on another level and 6 is not far behind.

Volsdude likes this.
  13. NorrisAlan

I only watched the first two seasons. Guess I should watch it again and then watch season 3

justingroves likes this.
  14. NorrisAlan

Kenobi, third episode.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 1, 2022
  15. CardinalVol

That was the best hour of Star Wars since Empire.

justingroves, NorrisAlan and emainvol like this.
  16. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

I don’t know if I would go that far, but I definitely had to change pants

NorrisAlan likes this.
  17. CardinalVol

You got to see him go full throttle. Full throttle. I can't think of any better hour.

justingroves likes this.
  18. NorrisAlan

Vader went full Evil in this episode. He was [uck fay]ing terrifying. When he snapped that kids neck with the Force, sweet baby Jesus.

19. CardinalVol

Was what we've been wanting see for 45 years (or less for some of us)

justingroves likes this.
  20. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

This episode was fun.

Can someone explain to me what I’m missing with this tunnel? How did the lady helping them not run into Reva after she went back to help Obi-Wan? How did Reva end up at the end of the tunnel before Leia, and without bumping into her along the way?