POLITICS The January 6th Hearings

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by The Dooz, Jun 9, 2022.

1. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

Voldad is a highly educated guy that the current system works for so it’s not shocking that he’s sympathetic to the message.

the average American feels left out and not represented by those affected by Jan the 6th. I don’t think they love it or hate it. They just don’t give a shit about it.

2. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Counter point - every time we go outside of the establishment we wind up with wither can't handle it or batshit crazy, usually batshit crazy.

gcbvol and NorrisAlan like this.
  3. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

You ask how we can prevent this in the future. Well, doing something like this *might* prevent it in the future.

Doing nothing about it, or acting like it didn’t happen or wasn’t that big of a deal will ensure that it will happen again.

tvolsfan and gcbvol like this.
  4. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

This is 100% true. People want to bask in the myth, not the history.

5. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

Kavanaugh is an exception to a lot of rules. People thought he was on trial, and treated it like a guilty or not guilty situation, rather than that he was just possibly tainted.

If someone came forth and said the person I was hiring for a small time position harassed them, I'd likely not hire them. But for whatever reason, we don't adopt the same practices we'd use for our businesses as we do for those in power.

Because we are dumb.

IP likes this.
  6. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

because unless we’re at certain higher end events you hear no one talk about it.

you will hear [itch bay]ing about everything else but that’s just not on the radar to your average American

IP likes this.
  7. IP

IP Super Moderator

Doing something like what? A hearing? Okay.

The alternative to a hearing 1.5 years later is not "nothing" or "acting like it didn't happen." The alternative would have been being a lot quicker. Or actually indicting someone who matters.

8. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

I don't have any idea what any of this means.

9. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

complex systems need chaos to change or they just stay the same.

10. IP

IP Super Moderator

Yep. The only thing on people's radar is the immediate. Right now, that is inflation and gas prices. They don't care the how's and why's. They certainly don't care about failed attempts more than a year later. Sad but true.

11. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

the managerial class that is highly educated will go more with the establishment narrative because for the most part the system has worked for them.

IP likes this.
  12. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Impeachment doesn’t count as doing something sooner I guess. Okay.

13. IP

IP Super Moderator

53 and I come from very different angles and come to different conclusions, but we are seeing and measuring the same way.

14. IP

IP Super Moderator

Not without conviction.

15. IP

IP Super Moderator

I mean, shit.

True or false: as of today Trump is a front runner for the GOP nomination and the election in 2024? If the answer is true, it clearly didn't "count" for much. If the answer is false, you need to substantiate why you believe that it is false.

16. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Well my experience is as anecdotal as what you’re saying, but just last week while waiting in line at the county clerk’s office to renew my tags, I listened to whole conversation between three people about why the election was rigged or not and the consensus was 2-1 in favor of not.

But again, just sharing a recent experience that would seem to contradict what you’re saying here.

17. CardinalVol

My guess is if I were to walk into Denso or Arconic today and asked what was worse, Jan 6 or $5 gas, 90% will say $5 gas.

zehr27 likes this.
  18. CardinalVol

I'm not convinced the chaos works. It may disrupt, but I don't know if it changes anything.

19. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

I think his influence is waining. I don’t think it going away, but his not like his backed candidates are setting the world on fire in their primaries either.

20. IP

IP Super Moderator

He has terrible judgement, yes. But he's a figure head and an idea rather than a player. Let's say it ends up being DeSantis. Do you think that means the House and Senate aren't in GOP hands in 2022 and 2024?

Reality is that many people do not care about anyone else's liberty or future or the rules, etc, beyond what benefits their point of view. And some would even hurt themselves if it means hurting the right people as much or more. Take some down a peg.

What is the GOP's plan for inflation? Doesn't matter. They are not evaluated the same way. They get credit for hurting the right people, pushing the right social buttons.

I'm not saying I like it or it is fair or just. It just is. Most people do not care about anything until it bites them. Most people didn't care about the war in Iraq in 2004, it was only after it became a total cluster [uck fay] that suddenly everyone pretended they were always against it. Only when it started affecting people they know.