14 Dead, 50 injured in CO theater shooting

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by volfanjo, Jul 20, 2012.

1. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

2. IP

IP Super Moderator

And I can't get funding whatsoever. ****it.

3. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

Could he have used that grant money to buy the guns?

4. IP

IP Super Moderator

Yes

5. IP

IP Super Moderator

6. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

7. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

8. IP

IP Super Moderator

Like I said, I suspect that money did got to this.

9. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

Victim's Brother To MSNBC: Families Not Here To Talk About Gun Control

Michael Eric Dyson, guest host on MSNBC's Ed Show: Do you think that there should be a push for tighter gun laws given the horror that you just endured and how it has impacted you personally? Do you feel compelled to push for tighter gun laws?

Jordan Ghawi, brother of victim Jessica Ghawi: Here's the thing, we can try to politicize this and make some sort of polarizing debate and make this a tenet of the election, but that's not what we're here to do right now. We're here to celebrate the lives of the victims that have been lost.

If somebody wants to do harm to somebody, they're going to find a way to do it. Whether it be with a weapon, such as a rifle or whether it be with any sort of means we should actually start to think about why people are doing this. And the reason why they're doing this is because they want their names out there.

Victim's Brother To MSNBC: Families Not Here To Talk About Gun Control | RealClearPolitics

10. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Correct.

I don't think an armed citizen, barring military training, was putting a stop to this looney tune. I also think it's absurd to use this as an argument either for or against tighter gun control.

11. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Very good answer from Jordan. He also should have knocked his teeth out for trying to get him to use his sister's death as support for his political agenda.

12. LawVol13

LawVol13 Chieftain

Agreed. No class in asking a victim's family member about that. I think it's fair to look at things that could be done to prevent such a tragedy, but it's not right to engage a victim's relative about it.

I could support some legislation limiting the amount of ammo you can simply order off of the Internet. Holmes apparently just ordered 3000 rounds of ammo as easy as buying a pair of shoes. It shouldnt be that easy.

13. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

14. IP

IP Super Moderator

It takes a real piece of work to go fishing for that kind of shit from a family member so soon.

15. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

What amount of rounds would be a safer number?

16. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

Therein lies the problem.

17. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

A box of shotgun shells is all he needed to do the damage that he done in that theater.

18. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Usually there are at least some signs you realize you should have noticed after the fact.

I really don't know what could have prevented this.

19. GahLee

GahLee Director of Conspiracy Theories, 8th Maxim

There is a greater chance that Holmes is a patsy ala LHO then just a complete nut job who acted on his own accord.

20. IP

IP Super Moderator

What are you talking about?