Excitement building for 2022

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by IP, Jun 28, 2022.

1. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Heup will pick teams apart at TE and slot when teams give safety help. When they don’t, throw it to him every time.

2. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

We need to get Bru eligible. He will eat slants up with everyone focusing on Tillman.

Memtownvol likes this.
  3. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

4. IP

IP Super Moderator

Take that shit to the other thread.

VOLinDAWGland and NorrisAlan like this.
  5. IP

IP Super Moderator

What is the nature of the question with his eligibility? It feels like we are the only school that has to deal with this every year. If he is in good standing to enroll at UT and on track to complete a degree in a timely manner, that's all that should matter.

The NCAA needs to be made to understand that these are schools. Primarily, these are people getting educated and any concerns they have should be viewed through the lens of "are we helping or hindering this person finish a degree?" Because they're only hindering if academically he is in good standing and has a course track.

6. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

It's all squarely on USC from what I understand. It will likely come down to the last minute.

7. KyleAlexanderfan

KyleAlexanderfan Well-Known Member

I saw vol twitter is starting to turn up the heat on official USC twitter accounts. Probably needs to turn it up 10x more to get enough bad publicity on them for it to make a difference and force their hand. Need hundreds of replies per tweet.

8. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

It’s bullshit if so, how many transfers did Riley bring with him

Memtownvol and IP like this.
  9. IP

IP Super Moderator

Of course it is bullshit. Coaches/programs slowing up transfers ought to be put on blast. Ours too, if they do it.

Memtownvol and zehr27 like this.
  10. Ssmiff

I don’t think Riley has anything to do with it.

11. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

It's in the hands of the NCAA now. Sounds like it should get done.

12. justingroves

justingroves supermod

The 2021 UK game is on sec network. It still cracks me up

13. Ssmiff

Last year we allowed 44/74 3rd downs vs Bama, Ky, ole miss and purdue. Won one of those. Others a 1 possession loss and in the game vs bama in 3rd quarter. This will be much better. Has to be. And those are possessions we get our nasty offense on the field. Bama was 15/20. Hold them to 50% and it’s tight

14. Ssmiff

take a shot every time Dorris Burke mentions time of possession

15. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Stoops is a defensive genius, but Tennessee scored more points than offensive plays ran

Banks is a really good linebacker on a defense that wasn't very good last year

16. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

You would be dead inside the second quarter

Ssmiff and justingroves like this.
  17. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

If ESPN is bound and determined to make her a CFB commentator, the least she could do is use a normal speaking voice instead of whatever she was doing last season. Nobody sounds like that when they speak.

18. Ssmiff

At least have someone in the booth to say “hey, you’ve mentioned TOP after every play for the last 2 quarters and people at home are choosing to listen to Kesling, which is unheard of.”

justingroves likes this.
  19. govols182

govols182 Honorary Mod

Banks has a high ceiling, but he was average at best last year. He lacks in coverage ability. Hopefully that has improved for him because he has All SEC caliber talent.

A-Smith likes this.
  20. IP

IP Super Moderator

I may be misremembering, but I think we gave up a high % of 4th downs too. I wonder what it looks like if you combine the 30 third downs held in those 4 games with 4th downs given up? I shudder, but am curious.