Georgia

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by CardinalVol, Oct 29, 2022.

1. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

In the past 25 years there have been four 1 v 2 regular season matchups. The road team has won three of them.

tfannon, Memtownvol and justingroves like this.
  2. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

You have my attention

justingroves and IP like this.
  3. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

His call of the Alabama game winning FG was awful. We have upgraded everywhere else, why not him?

4. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

Idk, all it led to was Yankee gentrification

5. SGMVols

SGMVols Contributor

After Saban was denied the chance to sign Drew Brees in Miami by their doctors, he decided he’d rather be able to sign 25 first rounders every year instead of just one.

justingroves likes this.
  6. IP

IP Super Moderator

What are you talking about, how do you gentrify the antebellum South? It was literally degentrification.

7. justingroves

justingroves supermod

screen-shot-2022-10-16-at-12825-pm.png

ole_orange likes this.
  8. IP

IP Super Moderator

I feel like some people are giving up on the game as a self-defense mechanism. I get it. But this Vols team is a hard out for anyone. You can't screw around.

9. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

My University is rocking and rolling for the first time since I learned how to read. Tons of people deserve credit, but let’s not forget the very top. Randy Boyd has ended up being an excellent choice to lead our alma mater. If you can set aside his personal politics and him being an independently super wealthy entrepreneur, at the core of it Randy Boys is *one of us*. He’s as homegrown and down home state of Tennessee as it gets. The Vols have always been a presence in his own life and matter deeply to him.

He truly understands and gets the importance within our little Tennessee culture we all are immersed in of being not just good, but dominant. Great fundraiser. Has a very cool, laid back and approachable personality representative of your average Tennessean.

Oh and btw, by all accounts I’ve kept up with he seems to be doing just fine-if not above average on the academic side of things too. New builds are opening, campus is actually becoming beautiful, programs are continuing to rise. Others who keep up with the academic side more closely than I do can probably elaborate better on that. But I do know he’s at the very least smart enough to realize that winning, and winning big, in football does nothing but to exponentially increase the value of a UT education in the long term.

Last edited: Oct 30, 2022
    Memtownvol and Volsdude like this.
  10. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

The University President that was promised. *THANK GOD* for West/Middle TN primary voters for narrowly pushing Bill Lee across the finish line.

Equine Ducklings likes this.
  11. justingroves

justingroves supermod

It's going to be a good game, whoever avoids turnovers is going to win

zehr27 likes this.
  12. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

I’ve started preliminary plans for a trip in for Missouri. But flights are absolutley not cooperating. I don’t know what it going on. Usually if I’m a little flexible I can fly direct from Calgary to Nashville or Atlanta. But we’re taking spending the night in Toronto airport kind of crap. New flights aren’t going to pop up so this one is going to be interesting. If I pay up I can probably make something work but would need to sell the Mrs on that (on top of a weekend plus edges of solo kid duty). 5-6 days away might be the biggest challenge for buy-in. Haha

justingroves likes this.
  13. Equine Ducklings

Equine Ducklings New Member

I voted for Boyd in the GOP primary because I knew the dems had no chance and he was clearly better than Lee. Now I’m selfishly glad he lost.

ole_orange likes this.
  14. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

That call was more disgraceful than the Dobb Nail Boot. At least the unenthusiastic UGA Hail Mary call was somewhat salvaged by Tim Priest manically and perfectly screaming “VOLS WIN!!!”

15. Equine Ducklings

Equine Ducklings New Member

yep

16. IP

IP Super Moderator

Butterfly effects are weird.

HCKevinSteele and justingroves like this.
  17. TDVol1989

TDVol1989 Always Be Menstruating

I agree. Said as much during the Heupel raise. But if what we are doing works against GA, I suspect more teams will want some of this sauce.

18. IP

IP Super Moderator

I have a feeling everyone is in line for raises if this season wraps up anything like it started.

thagodfather and Memtownvol like this.
  19. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

Sir, are you not familiar with carpetbaggers?

HCKevinSteele and VOLinDAWGland like this.
  20. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

I swear to goodness I voted for Boyd over Lee for TN GOP Governor based off a Boyd commercial of him simply highlighting the fact he went to UT and his opponent went to Auburn. Remember thinking ultimately they were basically the same candidate. Although at least Boyd actually rolled up his sleeves and created his own empire through honest hard work with a great product/service that benefits society as a whole. Lee just inherited his grandpa’s empire.

Definitely thankful for his political defeat to Lee in hindsight. He’s where he was most needed and utilized

thagodfather likes this.