Georgia

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by CardinalVol, Oct 29, 2022.

1. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

And it was a record weekend for the local businesses, too. The all around economic impact of a good/great UT football team cannot be truly measured. Academic purists just don't want to accept it.

2. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

If 1998 has its parallels to this season, and I've found a bunch, the Georgia game was the point in the NC season in which I realized we were a real threat to win the big title. The Florida game was fantastic, but there were a bit a smoke and mirrors there with the turnovers in spite of the difficulties on offense. But, we went into the Georgia game after losing Jamal Lewis and most expected a loss in Athens. Yet, we dominated and the Travii ran over their asses. We win this Saturday and I can see a similar attitude taking hold.

justingroves likes this.
  3. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Yeah, every week I tell myself "the Sugar Bowl would be awesome". Win in Athens, it's [uck fay] everybody, we're winning a National Championship.

4. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

All the white girls from Tennessee who are going to Bama definitely aren’t going because they are good at chemistry experiments.

And Tennessee will start keeping those students in-state because the football team is good again.

NorrisAlan and justingroves like this.
  5. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Go to enough sec and pro games over 30 years, at some point trouble has to be confronted. Say anything to me. Fine. Spill a drink on my son then giggle and say “oops”, then put your hands in my wife’s hair, different ballgame

justingroves likes this.
  6. justingroves

justingroves supermod

At one point, a lot of B+ students couldn't get into Tennessee because of the academic requirements Cheek and Martin tried to put in place. There were a lot of kids going to Alabama and Auburn who should have been 3rd or 4th generation Vols

SetVol13, PilotFlyingJ and NorrisAlan like this.
  7. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

This was [uck fay]ing criminal and I hope those two [uck fay]heads are somewhere having to wash cars for a living.

justingroves likes this.
  8. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Friend of family's daughter graduated valedictorian at Alcoa High School, got a full ride to Bama and didn't get jack from UT. I couldn't blame her for going there.

PilotFlyingJ and justingroves like this.
  9. TDVol1989

TDVol1989 Always Be Menstruating

UT and UGA have the toughest road to a guaranteed spot in the playoff in my opinion. Need 2 top 6 wins. The SEC has 3 real contenders. And we are legitimately in the hunt. The only way I can explain this is great chemistry because we are playing some really nice football.

UGA has more pressure and I might go so far as saying we actually carry an intimidation factor. So far we have played well in all the big moments. No reason to expect otherwise. Games are won on the field not paper and I just think we are playing better than GA. KY shart the bed but there were times we were picking up Rodriguez and dropping him. We aren’t just finesse.

I think we are going to win.

10. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

this is correct. Had friends send their kids to bama and ole miss at 40k+ out of state costs. They couldn’t get in UT. And from what I’m hearing, this and next freshman class have record number of applicants

justingroves likes this.
  11. justingroves

justingroves supermod

That's a crock of shit on Tennessee's part

A-Smith likes this.
  12. Volgrad98

Volgrad98 Contributor

Isn't uga's starting safety out for the season?

13. justingroves

justingroves supermod

McDonald gave him the old Arn Anderson spinebuster on the opening drive

14. IP

IP Super Moderator

No, purists get it. Folks who don't get it are not purists. It is empirically measurable.

15. justingroves

justingroves supermod

And Nolan Smith (best pass rusher) separated his shoulder against Florida, AD Mitchell (starting WR) didn't dress against Florida and Amarius Mims (starting OT) left with an MCL sprain.

Volgrad98 likes this.
  16. IP

IP Super Moderator

The reality is not everyone has a spot at Tennessee. And if the parents have money, they will go to another football school if that is what they are wanting.

17. justingroves

justingroves supermod

The state school of Tennessee should be keeping Valedictorians in state.

thagodfather and VOLinDAWGland like this.
  18. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

1000% agree.

Booger *may* have gotten a strongly worded email from me over that one.

justingroves likes this.
  19. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I don't think Heupel feels pressure. He told Hendon, almost immediately after the Music City bowl, the plan for 2022 was to go to Atlanta in December.

TDVol1989 and NorrisAlan like this.
  20. IP

IP Super Moderator

I was a valedictorian and I had to pay in 2002. I chose to go to the flagship because I didn't know what I wanted to major in and also wanted the big sports program experience.

I agree with you, but no one cares about valedictorians from small ponds. They just saw me as another east tennessee student so I wasn't as sought as someone from Memphis or Nashville. They also counted all of my parents' income, 4 working adults, even though none paid for anything and I have 5 siblings. Very dumb to count two housholds as one. Punishes broken families.

NorrisAlan and justingroves like this.