We're #1

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by CardinalVol, Nov 1, 2022.

1. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

For the first time since January 5, 1999, we are #1 un the polls. It deserves its own thread.

Enjoy it. As a fanbaae, we've earned it.

2. Volgrad98

Volgrad98 Contributor

3. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

I’d take us over Hurricane Ditka at this point

PilotFlyingJ likes this.
  4. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Forde, Wolken and the rest need to go ahead and get off social media

VolDad likes this.
  5. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Gentlemen, a few years ago, maybe as few as two, I asked what is wrong that we cannot get a qualified coach, what is it about Tennessee? I honestly thought we had fallen so far we would never crawl out of the mire of 8 win seasons, at best. I was close to giving up.

And a mere 20 months into his tenure, Heupel has us #1 in the country. Sure, it doesn't mean anything yet, we are just the first person on the trail up the mountain and can still fall off.

But the view sure looks better from here than it has in a long [uck fay]ing time.

My faith has been restored, my doubts and BVS has been purged.

For the first time in a long, long, LONG time I can say without hesitation:

Go big Orange! I love this [uck fay]ing team so much, they are passing the Sugar Vols in my heart.

Go Big Orange

6. IP

IP Super Moderator

Both of those had Tennessee #1

7. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

8. IP

IP Super Moderator

Volokie and A-Smith like this.
  9. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

I don't think I was able to adequately put into words how impactful the Alabama game was for me, personally. Seeing a 1 beside that power T tonight on ESPN had a similar effect. My dad and I have never had the best relationship, but one of the best moments of my life was being in the desert with him watching Tennessee win the national championship. This brought back just a little bit of that feeling.

10. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

11. justingroves

justingroves supermod

12. Volgrad98

Volgrad98 Contributor

Short Version: WGWTFA

13. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

The absolute least which comes out of this season is forever disavowing the idea you can't win at an elite lever here. Even one of our former dipshit ADs tried to tell us we couldn't, to temper expectations. Enter Danny White, abetted by some insightful higher ups, who said "[uck fay] it, we're here to win everything.".

I mean, that's the least of what's happening, that we're ending this part of the last decade's discussion.

14. Volokie

Volokie Active Member

My Tennessee gear I wear in Oklahoma used to get jabs like ''you don't have to put up with that we can get you a good OU hat''. It's different now, they all are amazed at that Tennessee powerhouse....and wish they could get Heuple to ''come home''. I reply with yeah family will screw you over harder than anyone I guess, why would he not jump at that?

15. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

16. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Good morning, winners.

Lexvol and Unimane like this.
  17. IP

IP Super Moderator

gcbvol, Lexvol and tvolsfan like this.
  18. CardinalVol

Lexvol likes this.
  19. CardinalVol

20. IP

IP Super Moderator

But I thought it was supposed to be the SEC that was top-heavy?

Lexvol, tvolsfan and NorrisAlan like this.