Soccer Discussion

Discussion in 'Sports' started by tvolsfan, Mar 9, 2012.

1. IP

IP Super Moderator

For me, it is mostly the lineups. He favors MLS players too much.

NorrisAlan likes this.
  2. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

Now feed us the Orange!

3. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Up until the actual World Cup (and some during), lineups, offensive plans, shitty subs (Jordan Morris?), etc. And also, how he got the job is the biggest joke in all of sports, except for [uck fay] Auburn.

4. IP

IP Super Moderator

They were damn close. What happened against Wales could happen against anyone. You roll the dice letting teams down 1-0 attack the box.

5. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

The fact Reyna isn't starting every match is comical.

6. IP

IP Super Moderator

Except no one who knows the joke is laughing.

7. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Can someone explain the stoppage time to me during the World Cup? As someone who only watches a small amount of soccer, it seems that there is usually <5 minutes of stoppage time. Every time I've paid attention to a match in the World Cup, it seems like they've been getting >5 minutes of stoppage? Is it just coincidence or is there something that is being done differently?

8. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

Berhalter and the USF in general seem to think the USMNT should be an MLS advert instead of a collection of the best players we have.

NorrisAlan likes this.
  9. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

If we don't have Pulisic on Sunday, I'm not sure how the hell we can score and they'll play up to 120 minutes, if necessary. Sargent being out Saturday would be an issue, too. He's, at least, the best at hold up and pressing at forward.

10. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

I don’t really think this. He started one MLS player in the first two and none today.

11. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

This world cup the refs have been explicitly directed to combat time wasting. I think in the average soccer game the ball is in play for ~56min. This world cup there has been more stoppage time because they are trying to counteract common things players do to try to run the clock with the ball dead

utvol0427 likes this.
  12. IP

IP Super Moderator

And how about when developing the team over the previous years? That he has started one MLS player when at the WC while starting half MLS players leading up to it is exactly the criticism. Play your best. Gel.

13. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

Buddy who plays defense for Nashville SC sure plays a [uck fay] ton.

14. JohnnyQuickkick

Also, I’d like to see Reyna start but who sits? Weah?

15. JohnnyQuickkick

These guys have all played when they’re healthy. Gio Reyna never is.

Tar Volon likes this.
  16. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

We’ve only even seen him one time. For like, 15 minutes.

17. JohnnyQuickkick

He’s fine.

18. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

19. IP

IP Super Moderator

I am just going to appreciate that USA is among the 16 finalists. Much better from not making it at all to Russia. I do wish Pulisic wouldn't have gotten a head start on the Netherlands by destroying his netherlands four days early.

20. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Pulisic headed to the hospital. Yeash.