POLITICS Random Political/Legal

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by fl0at_, Jun 7, 2021.

1. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

these people receive death threats. Really surprised no alarm system

2. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

Maybe Paul or ‘the help’ merely forgot to activate the alarm? If I was a person known by all for being married to the sitting US Speaker of the House while simultaneously being one of the more successful stock traders ever…well… I’m religiously making sure my alarm system is actually on before I go to bed. Especially when my House Speaker of a spouse and the Capitol Police shadowing her 24/7 are away. Wonder if this crazy nudist even knew beforehand that the CPD was not going to present when he conjured up this idea of his?

3. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

This attack had me curious overall how often often American politicians have actually suffered an assassination throughout our entire history.
    According to quick a google search leading me to a WIKI list: 53 total American politicians have been assassinated.

This includes all federal and state officials slain since our founding. The last one being a SC state house rep in 2015 who was one of those murdered by domestic terrorist neonazi Dylan Roof in that horrific church massacre. For some reason 53 was lower than I would have originally guessed.

I also learned one of the more recent American political assassinations took place here in Tennessee in 1998 when there was a state Senator murdered by his political opponent running against him?! Absolutely wild. Somehow I had never heard about that one until now.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tommy_Burks

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_assassinated_American_politicians

4. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

I remember the Looper-Burks thing

5. IP

IP Super Moderator

Me too. A stretch if hwy is named after him. It's like looper went insane because he couldn't follow the moral majority formula against Burks. He was an OG pre civil rights realignment D, and so was as conservative as anyone.

6. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

I remember learning all throughout my TN public schooling about the 1800s Tennessee politicians getting into an actual shootout at the Capitol. When we visited the State Capitol on a field trip they even let us touch the bullet holes still preserved within the marble from that day.

Yet a TN Senate candidate literally murdering a political opponent in our lifetime? Never heard shit about that. Diving in and reading about the story this morning for the first time 25 years after the fact is shocking to me. Surely that had to have been the #1 story in the United States when it went down?

7. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

And someone tried to kill Jackson, gun misfired, and then Jackson beat him with his cane.

justingroves likes this.
  8. CardinalVol

Now I'm wondering how a Royal Rumble of all the presidents would play out. Jackson, Washington, and Teddy R. would have to be the favorites, wouldn't they? Maybe Grant? Could Eisenhower scrap?

9. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

My bet would be on Teddy, with George being next.

10. CardinalVol

That's probably the safe bet. I bet Bush Sr. (Jr too probably) would hold their own too.

justingroves likes this.
  11. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

Anyone like Teddy who vehemently insists they must finish their dadgum speech first before worrying about a bullet that was just shot point blank into them has an automatic spot imo. Also would highly consider including an immovable object like Taft on my squad as well

12. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Lincoln was a really great wrestler in his youth. Hand to hand Washington would probably be the best, though, in front of Lincoln and, maybe, Jackson.

13. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Jackson is 100% the guy coming in late with the folding chair and brass knuckles

14. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

I bet Jackson was a puss if you take his guns and army away from him. Thin skinned man baby redneck

15. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

pre-polio FDR was a great athlete, as well.

16. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

Gerald Ford was a LB for the University of Michigan. Might have to give him a tryout too

17. IP

IP Super Moderator

As I recall, everyone was focused on the president getting his [penis] sucked by an intern in the oval office. We can only pay attention to so much. A lot of major stories are unnoticed if a slightly flashier one is going on.

18. IP

IP Super Moderator

Literally mouthed off to redcoats as a kid and was caned for it with lifelong scarring, and then mouthed off again. So, no. He was a true mean ass son of a [itch bay]

warhammer, SetVol13 and CardinalVol like this.
  19. CardinalVol

Dude beat a man who tried to shoot him with his can. He was from backwoods TN. Man was real.

SetVol13 likes this.
  20. IP

IP Super Moderator

Was from south carolina