Yet another mass shooting

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by NorrisAlan, Nov 8, 2018.

1. cpninja

cpninja Member

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gender_dysphoria

hope this helps

2. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

Me too. Sure, it may be a big boy reading exercise for someone like you, but I have faith you’ll get through it eventually. Maybe even by next week! Perhaps you’ll even meaningfully add to a political discussion/debate/exchange of ideas down the road.

GD/trans. Sex/gender. Conflations/meanings. Can be different. Can also mean it’s not different. Can’t stop progress, baby

3. HCKevinSteele

HCKevinSteele Well-Known Member

I didn’t read through everything but Tim Burchett is getting lit up on Twitter for his comments on the shooting which were at best poorly timed although well intentioned and at worst insensitive and idiotic. Not to make light of what happened but god he looks like such a moron wearing that f**king Carhartt jacket over a suit everyday. You want to make your dress part of your identity and show everyone you’re an aw shucks southern boy? Fine, wear cowboy boots.

4. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

Might I add Andy Ogles needs to ditch the family Christmas tradition of posing with the ARs in front of the tree. Like, I'm glad personally my congressmen doesn't advocate for drastic over reactive 2A legislation like universal weapons classification of semi autos for millions of law biding, responsible Americans utilizing their enshrined 2A right. But lord, those pictures were lame and weird. And ultimately unhelpful. Especially for those like me who would rather not further enrage and inspire those on "the other side" of the political spectrum who hold dreams of essentially sunsetting the 2A as we know it under the progressive rhetorical guise of "we care more about kids dying than Republicans and Cons do". So pointless and politically unwise those dumb photos are.

Politicians and their optical pandering, though. Some use guns. Some rock kente cloths. Insert whatever virtue signal any politician out there thinks will help them out, they will gladly jump all over it. Can't escape it, ever.

Last edited: Mar 28, 2023
  5. dknash

dknash Chieftain

When people tell you who they are...

6. IP

IP Super Moderator

We can have the 2nd amendment and not worship guns like golden calves. The 2nd amendment even has the word "regulated" in it.

Poppa T and NorrisAlan like this.
  7. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Never understood the politician gun photos. Just weird

8. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

I see a lot of chatter about the need to release the shooter's manifesto. Please tell me I'm not the only one to see why this is a bad idea.

InVolNerable likes this.
  9. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

Nah the public deserves to have access to the manifesto for sure.

10. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

Just like they deserved to have access to the manifestos of the Buffalo grocery store shooter, the Texas Walmart shooter, ect

11. JohnnyQuickkick

I imagine if it was Cletus T JimBob we wouldn’t be worried about it, just saying

12. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

Oh we’d be demanding it no doubt. Rightfully so too. A premeditated hate crime against a certain demographic of people involving the death of children happened in our own city. We need to know everything. Absolutely everything. Manifesto and all.

13. Unimane

Yeah, that's great. So, any kook with a few ideas written down would know they can shoot up a school or whatever and get their manifesto posted for the world to see. I don't see much value in knowing the writings of a girl who shot up an elementary school.

14. JohnnyQuickkick

i don't need it, nor do i think "we" do, but i stand by what i said

15. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

But since when do we not publish the manifestos of these mass murdering maniacs? We do it all the time. People deserve/want to know what was inside this evil monster’s head exactly. If you don’t wanna read the manifesto for whatever reason, then don’t. Ignore it. But it should be published

16. Unimane

No, it shouldn't. And, it shouldn't be done so in other cases, either. People largely do this shit for infamy and nothing would be more aggrandizing than being able to have the world pay attention to their ramblings about the world. After dozens of these shootings, I'm not really looking to get into their mindset anymore. There's not a whole lot of mystery.

17. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

But it is standard practice to give the public access to the manifesto so people can come to a clearer understanding of the mindset of a person who has caused grave harm. Why would we suddenly not allow the publish of a manifest like this now? Like I can understand where people are coming from here specifically with the desire to want to protect vulnerable minority groups like trans. I really do. But we are talking about a premediated hate crime against a religious group here.

Imagine telling the communities/families of say the ChristChurch in New Zealand that they were not allowed to ever have access to know more about what was inside the head of person who carried out that massacre. The public-especially the Christian community of Nashville-deserves to know what is in the manifesto in full if they so choose to want to read it.

Last edited: Mar 29, 2023
  18. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Mainly because I want to know if specific people were targeted or if it was totally random, yeah, I'd like to see it.

I am relatively sure I could give a general outline of it though just by guessing.

ole_orange likes this.
  19. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

It probably is pretty easy to fill in the blanks there on the manifesto. It seems fairly obvious at this point why a mentally unhinged white male/trans male/biologically born women/whatever the [uck fay] we call that evil filth on what was likely in her/him's head. Regardless, anyone in the public deserves to see with their own eyes the manifesto in full.

20. JudgmentVol

JudgmentVol Chieftain

Great, you want to know information, that's not a bad notion, but you're feeding right into one of their motivations for committing the act.

If part of their motive for killing people is so that people like you pay attention, how are you not indirectly supporting them by not only paying attention, but fighting against changes to assist in deterring these actions from reoccurring?

InVolNerable likes this.