NFL Thread

Discussion in 'Sports' started by droski, Aug 18, 2014.

1. justingroves

justingroves supermod

The guy Levis couldn't beat out at Penn State got drafted in the 5th round by Green Bay

2. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

And I was pissed drafted that guy.

3. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

Cowboys Scout calls son to tell him Dallas drafted him.

4. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

Dad Interview

5. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

Some koolaid drinkers in Titansland are claiming Levi's the closest QB prospect we've had that fits the mold of Steve McNair. Same measurables, same arm talent, same ability to scramble, and will require patience because he needs at least 3 years to figure the NFL out. LOL tf he is.

I don't care that McNair was at lil ole Alcorn State playing against whoever plays against Alcorn State. McNair's college highlights showed a football freak of nature who actually had real potential to become a special talent in the NFL one day. Levi's "greatest highlights" videos that are mostly against the Austin Peay's and Miami (OH)'s of the world aren't even cool. I can't find one single example out there Levi's put on tape where you are like "wow, what a stud!".

Steve McNair was a [dadgum] gladiator. He could make chicken salad out of chicken shit when plays didn't go as designed. One of the toughest SOBs in NFL history. Levi's on the other hand is a front running douche jock who crumbles mentally whenever things don't go to plan or whenever the pocket around him starts to buckle. Such an insulting comp to someone as awesome as Air McNair was.

Last edited: May 1, 2023
    LawVol16, SetVol13, MaconVol and 2 others like this.
  6. IP

IP Super Moderator

Amazing coincidence... C'mon. The Cowboys were at least nudged by it.

7. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

I'm hoping (likely pointlessly) that they shed Tannehill next month. Might as well get this show on the road. I get they just called him the starter, but you just drafted Levi's. How much do you really care what the fans think?

8. IP

IP Super Moderator

Set the fan stuff aside. They don't have a qb1 and just spent their 2nd round pick on will levis. They ought to unload at least tannehill just based on their drafting-- unless they already know levis sucks then they should try unload any that they can get value for and try again next off-season.

In all likelihood, they probably set themselves back from having a chance at competing for a championship by one to three seasons with one pick.and the fan stuff is just an outcome of that.

LawVol16 and justingroves like this.
  9. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

they’ll hold tannehill to the season starts and a playoff contender’s Qb goes down and they need a serviceable back up,

justingroves likes this.
  10. Volsdude

Volsdude Well-Known Member

Yeah they’re absolutely fine. Trade Tannehill and get your picks back. They’re paying off old JRob debts and after this season have an assload of capspace. Let Levis bomb and you’re set up for the future.

I know people think I’m defending Levis with my posts and for some reason can’t read the fact that I’m saying the titans are fine despite drafting Levis as they gave up nothing to get him. Teams whiff on 1st round picks all the time. Get Tannehill, byard, and Henry off the books, draft your QB and patch the holes in FA, draft best player available- this is the way. Now whether they do those things is another issue, but there’s still an easy path to a strong rebuild despite wasting a [uck fay]ing 2nd round pick. It’s just not the deal that people are making it out to be.

Last edited: May 2, 2023
  11. IP

IP Super Moderator

Could have done all that and already have drafted your qb OR have a strong piece for a future QB on a rookie contract. They wasted a year.

12. Volsdude

*See Cardinals taking Josh Rosen #10 overall and getting their franchise QB in the next draft

Take away your feelings about Kyler in this scenario. It’s just about the situation, not the specific player.

13. Volsdude

Who should they have drafted already? If you think wasting a 2nd is wasting a year then agree to disagree

14. justingroves

justingroves supermod

You draft a receiver or tight end in the 2nd round to help your quarterback.

IP likes this.
  15. IP

IP Super Moderator

I don't have feelings for NFL quarterbacks, that has nothing to do with it. My feelings are of self loathing and existential despair over a world where otherwise seemingly normal people can squander millions of dollars and hundreds of days by taking a chance on will [uck fay]ing levis in the 2nd round. The TN legislature ought to make them pay a licensing fee to call themselves "Tennessee."

16. Volsdude

Great, you roll with Tannehill next season and your upgraded offense. You gonna beat mahomes, burrow, Allen, Rodgers, Watson with your new shiny 2nd round TE? No, but you’ll probably be drafting >15th overall and have to trade a thousand picks to get the #3 QB of the class and then you’re properly [uck fay]ed. The Titans are not a good 2nd round pick away from competing. They are a QB away like every team is and nothing matters until you have your guy.

NashVol11 likes this.
  17. Volsdude

This is the drama I’m talking about. Deshaun Watson raped updwards of 20 women, got paid for it, and then you say things like this over a draft pick. Spare me

18. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Will Levis throwing to Nick Westbrook-Ikhine isn't going to beat those guys either.

warhammer likes this.
  19. IP

IP Super Moderator

No, I would rather refuse to agree, than agree to disagree. I see what you're saying, but it is wrong.

You and I and everyone else are going to die someday. Could be 46 years from now, of COVID-69. Could be today because a neighbor gets mad at being told to kindly stop burning live cats in his front yard tire fire and guns our whole family down. The point is, you will only witness so many seasons, any anything other than maximum efficiency to competitive status of a franchise you follow is diminishing your total experience in this life. People were born, lived, and died with the cubs not winning shit. And that happens because of a series of little decisions like these, each shrugged off. No vision. "Next year."

Volsdude likes this.
  20. IP

IP Super Moderator

Holy cow, I should be banned for supporting that. Go ahead and report the post where that ever happened.

Lol, you think in my finite existence, want to see a rapist make millions playing sports? Lol, no.

Volsdude likes this.