Random college football thread

Discussion in 'Sports' started by zero-sum, May 9, 2015.

1. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

The QB spy is funny. The only way that call makes sense is if the DC lost track of downs.

2. dknash

dknash Chieftain

If you have 8 guys in coverage, you should have someone in position to make a play on literally any 30+ yard pass into the endzone. That was the issue to me.

3. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Anyone but Mark Stoops

4. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Just a total cluster. Coverage had them double 3 Wrs in middle of field and man on ones outside. Don’t man anything. Send 4 or even 5 and drop the rest lined up in the end zone either 5 yards deep or staggered.

NorrisAlan likes this.
  5. dknash

dknash Chieftain

The other thing is that they took a timeout (their last) to set that defense up

6. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

Tom Allen out at Indiana. Dana Holgorsen fired at Houston.

7. yont sum iss?

yont sum iss? Contributor

Bloody Sunday in full swing

NorrisAlan likes this.
  8. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

I know it probably won't be till after signing day/bowl game, but I hope Tim Banks is axed a question today.

Memtownvol likes this.
  9. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

I’m prepared to be disappointed on that front

10. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Urban and Texas A&M would be a perfect match

NorrisAlan likes this.
  11. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Taylor or Fritz would make the most sense at Houston

12. Volgrad98

Volgrad98 Contributor

I wonder if Lance Leipold is on their radar and how he would fair at aTm.

13. yont sum iss?

yont sum iss? Contributor

Yeah I don’t see Banks getting fired. Our only hope is him taking a different job.

14. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

If he isn't fired, I am hesitant to say we have much hope with this HC. Not to be a Debbie Downer, and most of you know my thoughts on the 2nd/3rd year "Rule", but if Heupel is not capable of pulling the trigger on dead weight I am not sure he will last here.

15. HCKevinSteele

HCKevinSteele Well-Known Member

The whole thing was dumb as f**k so they kinda deserve what they got but it still took a blatant OPI. I’m generally in the camp of “let ‘em play” in those scenarios but the fact is he never makes the catch without the push off.

16. HCKevinSteele

17. IP

IP Super Moderator

Is there a good clip of the OPI? I watched it live and didn't catch it, but in hindsight he was awfully covered and then he wasn't all in the corner.

18. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

So, we dropped 4 spots in the polls with a win? Alright, whatever.

19. HCKevinSteele

utvol0427 likes this.
  20. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

I guess you could call that but you probably have to call the db for contact/hold before the separation. Can’t contact at all downfield. Another reason man defense makes no sense. Change of direction is where dbs hold and you don’t have to worry about it if in zone and just track the ball. It’s a 35 yard throw and plenty of time to react on a ball in front of you. Behind you with back to the play is crazy, but the call called for man and man means don’t look at anything except your man. Feel bad for the kid. 99 more situations just like that and no way it’s a TD. No coach will ever rush 2 again. Not sure any did prior. Somebody on the staff has to speak up.